Today is the Day of Independence of the Bahamas.
- Note: Bahmas obtained the freedom of British 10 July 1973
Important Details Bahmas
- Capital: Nassau
- Official language: English
- Monarch Elizabeth II
- Governor General: Marguerite Pindling
- Prime Minister Perry Christie
- Currency: Bahamian Dollar (BSD) Anchor
BRICS Summit 2015
- The BRICS group denounced the military intervention and the imposition of economic sanctions that violate international law, the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa said the Trade Union Statement adopted Ufa.
- Pitching for closer cooperation and coordination among the BRICS countries, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has proposed a 10-point initiative includes India to host the first trade fair for the consolidation and creation of research centers railways and agriculture.
- Calling “Das Kadam: Ten Steps for the Future”, Modi highlighted new initiatives for the BRICS grouping formed by the major emerging economies.
These 10 steps are:
- BRICS fair trade
- BRICS Rail Research Centre
- Cooperation between Supreme Audit Institutions
- BRICS Digital Initiative
- BRICS Agricultural Research Center
- / Local Government Forum BRICS State
- Cooperation between cities in the field of urbanization
- Sports Council and BRICS BRICS annual sports meet
- First major project NDB is in the field of clean energy
- BRICS Film Festival
15th SCO summit in 2015
- The 15th SCO summit opened in Ufa, Russia
- SCO Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- Russian President Vladimir Putin hosted the Summit.
- Founded in 2001
- Full members of the SCO: China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan as its full members.
- Observers: Afghanistan, India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan
- Dialogue Partners: Belarus, Turkey and Sri Lanka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi met his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on the sidelines of the SCO summit.
- The bilateral meeting between the two leaders was held after a gap of more than a year.
- Modi PM Nawaz Sharif and met for the first time in May of last year
- Highlights Modi-Nawaz bilateral meeting
- Pakistan agreed to speed 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case trial.
Condemning terrorism in all its forms, India and Pakistan agree to cooperate in the elimination of South Asia.
- A meeting will be held in New Delhi between the two non-state actors to discuss all issues related to terrorism.
Fishermen release decision in custody of the other, with their boats, within 15 days.
- Mechanism to facilitate religious tourism.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has accepted the invitation of Nawaz Sharif to visit Pakistan next year.
If equal to intensify strategic skills development and entrepreneurial initiatives in the country, the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) today joined hands with the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (MCF).
- The two ministries concluded a strategic partnership where three MOU were signed with the three departments under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers –
- Department of Chemical and Petrochemical (DoC & P)
- Department of Fertilizers (DOF)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP).
- Note: The MOUs were signed in the presence of Union Minister for chemicals and fertilizers Ananth Kumar and Minister of State for Skills Development and Entrepreneurship (Independent Charge) and Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
India and the United States signed an agreement to share under a new law in the United States, FATCA, which will allow the automatic exchange of financial information between the two countries on tax evaders, September 30th tax information.
- The pact will cover automatic sharing of information about bank accounts and financial products such as stocks, mutual funds and insurance and aims to fight against the menace of black money stashed abroad.
- As of September 30, banks, mutual funds, insurance, pension and equity brokerage businesses communicate their Indian customer information in the US that will be shared with New Delhi.
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act: FATCA
Business & Economy
Greece has introduced new rescue reform plans for the euro area in a last effort to save the collapse of the country’s economy and its place in the fragile single currency..
- Note: Greece seeks € 53.5 billion ($ 59 billion) as part of a new bailout.
- Under the proposal, Athens would receive loans from the fund of the eurozone rescue, the European Stability Mechanism, or ESM.
Gennady Padalka Russian cosmonaut has reached a milestone in NASA’s history by becoming the first man to spend more time on the International Space Station (ISS).
- He set the Guinness World record by spending 804 days in July 2015.
Locally developed supersonic ground-to-air missile “Akash” was inducted into the Indian Air Force.
- The missile system can target aircraft up to 30 km at an altitude UP TO 18,000 meters.
- It has the ability to neutralize aerial targets such as fighter aircraft, cruise missiles and air-to-surface missiles.
- Note: Indian Air Force gave a first contract eight Akash defense system squads.
- Each squadron has two fire units with four launchers.
- Each launcher has a capacity to shoot three missiles in rapid succession.
The Akash system was developed by the Organization Defence Research and Development (DRDO) and Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL).
- Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar.
- Air Chief Marshal: Arup Raha
- ISRO has successfully launched PSLV-C28 carrying five British satellites.
- Note: This is the heaviest commercial vehicle launched by ISRO.
For the first time in India, a system to detect earthquakes and issue warnings was installed in Uttarakhand, where researchers have predicted an earthquake of magnitude 8 or more.
- Note: We will issue alerts 1-40 seconds to magnitude 5 earthquakes occur.
Sania Mirza Martina Hingis went into women’s doubles final by beating Raquel Kops-Jones – Abigail Spears.
India won the first ODI against Zimbabwe by 4 runs.
- Ambati Rayudu is the man of the match.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.