Here is the 10th June 2015 Latest Current Affairs of Bank Jobs

International Affairs

Myanmar opposition leader and Nobel Peace Aung San Suu Kyi’s four-day visit to China.

Important details on Myanmar:

  • Also known as the Republic of the Union of Myanmar / Burma
  • Capital: Naypyidaw
  • Official language: Burmese
  • President: Thein Sein
  • Vice-Presidents:
  • Sai Mauk Kham
  • Nyan Tun
  • Currency: Kyat
  • Important Details on China:
  • Capital: Beijing
  • Currency: Renminbi (yuan)
  • President Xi Jinping
  • Premier Li Keqiang

National Affairs

The Union Cabinet has given its nod to the proposal to enact Instruments (Amendment) Ordinance 2015 Negotiable.

  • This law focuses on clarifying issues related to the competence on the bounce checks and insufficient funds in the bank account.
  • The proposed amendments to the Law on Negotiable Instruments, 1881 (“The Act NI”) focus on clarifying the issues of jurisdiction for filing cases for violation of section 138 of the NI Act.

The government has launched a new website entirely devoted to the International Yoga Day to be observed on 21 of this month.

  • The site was launched by jointly by the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Ms. Minister of State for Ayush Shripad Naik in New Delhi.
  • The website gives full details of the programs are conducted internationally on the day.

The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a motor vehicle pact between India and three other nations of the SAARC grouping (Bhutan, Bangladesh and Nepal).

  • This will allow transit passengers without vehicles welding and cargo between these nations.
  • The agreement will regulate passenger traffic of personal vehicles and goods between countries.
  • Each country will pay its own costs for the implementation of the agreement.
  • India will be represented by the Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari.
  • Note: The agreement will be signed on June 15

Business & Economy

The government has approved Rs 6,000 crore interest free loan to sugar factories to help partly clear cane price arrears to farmers who have touched about Rs 21,000 crore.

  • India is expected to grow 7.5% this year, surpassing China for the first time and is the head of his chart of the major economies in the growth of the World Bank.
  • China is expected to grow 7.1% this year.

The Finance Ministry said the service tax will not be levied on customers to eat in restaurants without installing air conditioning or central heating.

  • Even restaurants that have central heating or AC will collect the service tax on 40% of the amount of the total bill, the ministry said in a statement.
  • In case of air-conditioned restaurants or heated air, “is 60% of the value must be deducted from the total amount charged by applying the rate of service tax of tax must be calculated on the remaining 40 %, “he added.

China will supply 14 metro trains with 112 cars to the city of Kolkata, the largest such contract to a Chinese company in South Asia.

  • Note: This is the first order abroad that CRRC (China Railway Rolling Stock Corp Ltd) received after the merger of state-owned train China’s manufacturing enterprises – China Northern Railway (CNR) and South China Railway (CSR) this month.

Science & Technology

Peruvian researchers have discovered a trio of statues they believe were created by the

  • Caral ancient civilization about 3,800 years ago.
  • Mud statuettes were found inside of a basket of reeds in a building in the ancient city of Vichama in northern Peru, which is an important archaeological site.
  • Two figures, a man and a naked woman painted white, black and red are considered to represent the political authorities.

New appointments

VP Delhi Jal Board Kapil Mishra was appointed as the new Minister of Delhi Act.

  • He will succeed Jitendra Singh Tomar who resigned following his arrest in case of fake diploma.
  • Mahendra Kumar Sharma, former vice chairman of Hindustan Unilever (HUL), has been named non-executive chairman of ICICI Bank.
  • It replaces KV Kamath, who is set to join the New Development Bank, being established by the BRICS nations, as president.

India Cements PL Subramanian appointed as non-executive director with immediate effect.

Sharad Pawar was unanimously re-elected as president of the Congress Nationalist Party (NCP), a position he held since he founded the party in 1999 after separating ways with Congress.

Former head of the Central Office of direct taxes, KV Chowdary, was sworn in as the new Central Vigilance Commissioner.

Vijai Sharma was sworn in as Commissioner of the new information chief.


Former Maharashtra wicket-keeper Hemant Kanitkar, who played in two Tests as a batsman in the home series against West Indies Clive Lloyd in 1974-75, died

For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site regularly