Prime Minister Narendra Modi will pay a two-day visit to UAE after 16th of this month.
- This is the first visit by an Indian Prime Minister to the Gulf nation in 34 years.
- Modi will meet with Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai during this visit.
Dr. Najma Heptulla, Union Minister for Minority Affairs launched a new central program – “Nai Manzil” in Patna.
- This scheme will meet the educational needs and livelihoods of minority communities in general and Muslims in particular because it is lagging behind other minority communities in terms of education.
- The scheme aims to provide an educational intervention by providing remedial courses for trainees and bring them certificates for class X and XII of the average distance education system and at the same time they also provide basic training for trade skills 4 courses:
- Soft skills
Supreme Court today said the Aadhar card is not mandatory for availing of social welfare programs of the government.
- He also ordered the government to keep personal information secure the holders of these cards.
The public distribution system in Haryana would be digitized and consumers would be informed of the arrival of foodgrains in deposits and time of distribution via SMS on their mobile phones.
- It would soon be started as a pilot project in Panchkula.
- Haryana food and supplies minister Dev Karan Kamboj
Kochi became the first city in India to be a member of Beijing with global headquarters Tourism Cities Federation (WTCF) Council with the Ministry of Tourism in Kerala accept the Council’s invitation to join his league main tourist cities around the world.
Suresh Prabhu Railway Minister launched new rail services in the North after the completion of the sections of North Lakhimpur-Murkongselek and Balipara- Bhalukpong on wide track.
- He launched the service through video conferencing from New Delhi.
International Tribunal of crimes condemnation price to death Razakar Sheikh Sirajul Hoque for his crimes against humanity during the Liberation War of Bangladesh in 1971.
India-born Sundar Pichai has been appointed CEO of Google as part of an overhaul of the company that surprise saw the search giant the formation of a new parent company called Alphabet Inc.
Recent appointments of Indian Americans that heads of famous organizations
- Satya Nadella – Microsoft CEO
- Shantanu Narayen – Adobe CEO
- Nikesh Arora – President and COO of Soft Bank
Business & Economy
China devalues its currency the Yuan by 2% to nearly three-year low.
Google unveiled a restructuring of surprise, the creation of a new parent company called Alphabet Inc.
- As part of the re-branding, Google will retain its best-known companies, such as research, applications, YouTube and Android.
- Some of the newer entities, such as investment and research divisions, the “smart-home” unit Nest, and the drone arm will be run under Alphabet.
ICICI Bank today announced a new proposal for a home loan, “ICICI Bank Saral-rural housing loans“, with a special interest rate.
- Candidate’s rural areas including women borrowers and the weaker sections seekers can now avail home loans to ICICI Bank Base Rate (“I-Base”) which is currently 9.70%.
- Note: An eligible borrower can take up to Rs.15 lac under the ‘ICICI Bank Saral-rural housing loans. “
Awards and Recognition
The Government of Kerala Film Awards announced for the state (2014) Malayalam films last year.
- Best Picture: “Ottaal ‘- Directed by Jayaraj
- Best Director: Sanalkumar Sasidharan. Film- ‘Oralpokkam’
- Best Actors: 1. Nivin Pauly (days Bangalore, 1993) and SUDEV Nair (My life-partner)
- Best Actress: Nazriya Nazim (Om Shanti Oshaana, days Bangalore)
- Best popular film “Om Shanti Oshana ‘
- Best Music Director: Bijibal
Sports Department Awards Committee recommended 2015 Wimbledon doubles champion Sania Mirza for the coveted Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and Rohit Sharma and sixteen others for Arjuna awards...
For latest current affairs and current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.