Today (second Thursday in November) is World Quality Day.
- This day is designed to increase global awareness of the important contribution that quality makes towards both organizational and national growth and prosperity.
- Theme for World Day 2015 quality: Sweet Dreams
Today (12th November) Ergonomics World Day / facilitate this day.
- Theme 2015: Innovation
- Note: 2015 is the ten-year anniversary for World Usability Day.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a 3-day visit to the United Kingdom (UK).
- He held talks with his British counterpart David Cameron and discussed a range of issues, including defense, security, energy and trade.
- Modi will address the British Parliament and deliver a speech at the City Hall in the financial center of London.
It will pay homage to the statue of Mahatma Gandhi, in addition to paying a visit to the place where Dr. BR Ambedakar had stayed during his studies in London.
- During the visit, Mr. Modi also meet Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace during lunch, and interact with the CEO at a meeting of the round table.
- Note: During the visit of Modi, the two countries should sign a number of agreements on mutual investments and defense cooperation.
India and Britain today signed an agreement on civil nuclear power after the two sides held talks at delegation to London, the first day of three-day visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Great Britain.
- This cooperation agreement in the world of India Centre for clean energy partnerships will strengthen the safety and security in the global nuclear industry.
Today is the Day of Public Service Broadcasting.
- People observe this day in memory of the first and the only address by Mahatma Gandhi on All India Radio (AIR) 12 November 1947.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today formed a committee of two members to probe alleged irregularities in Delhi and District Cricket Association (LOAC).
- The committee is composed of the secretaries of urban development and sports services.
New railway reimbursement rules come into force from today.
- According to the revised rules of repayment, cancellation fees regardless of class were doubled.
- By rule, the first AC or business class has been increased from Rs 120 to Rs 240 for the second AC First Class or cancellation fees was increased from Rs 100 to Rs 200 and for the economy / 3A Third AC / ACC goes up to Rs 180 from Rs 90.
Business & Economy
Retail inflation in India rose to 5% in October.
- Industrial production slows to four-month low of 3.6% in September.
Awards and Recognition
The Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore India broke poor ranking fate by making a debut in the top 100 universities in the world for engineering and technology.
- IISc entered in 99th place in the list.
Top 3 in the list are institutions,
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Saina Nehwal between Open tournament quarterfinals of China Badminton Super Series Premier.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.