India and China combined military training exercise, hand in hand 2015, started in Kunming, in China today.
- The purpose of the exercise is to develop a joint business capacity, Share relevant experience in operations against terrorism and to promote friendly exchanges between the armies of India and China.
- India for the first time deployed a contingent of 175 soldiers from the 2nd Battalion of the Regiment Naga Command East that looks after the border with China.
- China, meanwhile, has deployed troops from the 14 Corps of the Chinese Chengdu Military Region, the focus is on Indian borders.
- This is the fifth round of exercises being held by both parties.
Drilling took place
- First drilling took place in Yunnan province in southwest China in 2007
- Second drill was held at Belgaum in Karnataka in 2008.
- Third round was held in southwest Sichuan China in 2013, followed by
- Fourth was held in Pune in 2014.
In the second stage of his visit Tri-Nation, President Pranab Mukherjee met Palestinian city of Ramallah.
- It was the first state visit ever by an Indian President to Palestine.
- He was given a ceremonial reception by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the presidential palace.
Polling for the 1st phase of Bihar Assembly elections began today.
- The fate of 586 candidates will be decided in 49 assembly constituencies of a total of 1.35 crore voters.
The High Court of Jammu and Kashmir has held that Article 370, granting special status to the state, took the place of permanence in the Constitution and the functionality is beyond the amendment, repeal or deletion.
The Supreme Court today imposed a “Environment Compensation expense” (ECC) on commercial vehicles entering Delhi, in addition to the toll fee in order to verify the high pollution levels in the city.
- The ECC will be implemented from 1 November for four months on a trial basis.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar dismisses Excise Minister Awadhesh Prasad Kushwaha after poking video shows taking bribe.
Business & Economy
The growth of industrial production in India was three high of 6.4 per cent per annum.
- Retail inflation rises to 4 percent on more expensive food.
Korean professor in the economics of climate change, energy and sustainable development, Hoesung Lee was elected head of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change at its 42nd session, being in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Lee succeeds the previous Chairman RK Pachauri of India, who resigned after the scandal of sexual abuse he was allegedly involved.
Communist leader KP Sharma Oli veteran was today sworn in as the 38th Prime Minister Nepals, a day after he was elected to Parliament with the support of smaller parties.
Awards and Recognition
Angus Deaton Scottish economist won the 2015 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his analysis of consumption, poverty and welfare.
- Deaton, who was born in Edinburgh in 1945, now works at Princeton University in the United States.
Britain beat India 4-3 in the Sultan of Johor Cup junior men’s hockey tournament in Johor Bahru in Malaysia.
- Lewis Hamilton won the Grand Prix of Russia Title
Punjab National Bank (PNB) claimed the hockey tournament of the Beighton Cup at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) field in Kolkata.
- GNP defeated Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) by 5-3 in penalties.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results of the civil service examination (preliminary) in 2015.
You can check your results from here
The Banking Personnel Selection Institute (IBPS) published the results of IBPS RRB IV agents (level I, II and III) and assistant office online reviews.
Click here to Check Your Results
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site