Today (13th August) is the International Day Left handers.
- This day was first observed on August 13 in the year 1976.
- We observe this day to promote awareness of the disadvantages encountered by the left in a predominantly right-handed world.
The Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in during a visit to India.
- During this visit, he will call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and will have talks with his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj.
- The visit is of importance because it will be the first trip by a key minister of Iran after reaching the historic pact on its controversial nuclear program with the West in July.
In an important decision, Maharashtra government has come up with a government
Resolution (GR) stating “Dahi Handi ‘, which implies a human pyramid to be an adventure sport that teaches physical endurance, team spirit and a never say die attitude.
- Once the GR enacted, Dahi Handi will be a part of physical training classes in schools and colleges throughout the year.
- The government formed a high level committee of the State will formulate the rules and organize competitions around the state.
Bombay High Court today quashed regulatory orders prohibiting food Maggi noodles.
- The court allowed Nestlé (Maggi manufacturer) to send five samples of each variant of noodles for fresh tests at three laboratories in Punjab, Hyderabad and Jaipur.
- If the lead content is below the limit allowed by the three laboratories, Nestlé will be allowed to manufacture Maggi noodles.
The department of Madhya Pradesh forests has made Guinness World Record for the planting of more than 1 crore saplings in one day during the last year ‘Hariyali Mahotsav’.
Indian Railways has signed MoUs with the Union Ministry 4 power to save energy, improve efficiency
- The first MoU was signed between the government and railway departments to share knowledge in the field of electricity conservation and energy to reduce the cost of electricity for roads iron.
- The second MOU was signed between the Railway Ministry and the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy to promote the use of solar energy.
- The third MOU was signed between the Railway Ministry and the Office of Energy Efficiency to identify technologies to improve energy use.
- The Fourth Protocol of Understanding was signed between the Management Company of energy and railways Energy Efficiency Services Ltd for the implementation of efficient energy systems and conservation projects for railways.
- Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu
Om Prakash Munjal (86), the founding president of Giant Bicycle Hero Cycles died.
Munjal is also known as the father of the Indian bicycle industry.
The Hero Cycles factory was established in 1956 in Ludhiana with a production capacity of 25 cycles per day, it now produces around 19,000 cycles per day.
Note: Listed in the Guinness World Records books in 1986 as the largest bicycle manufacturer in the world, Hero Cycles controls nearly 48% of the market share in the country.
Abid Alvi, a Muslim youth of Uttar Pradesh Hindu Hanuman Chalisa translated in Urdu after prayer.
It happened just after a Urdu poet Anwar Jalalpuri translated the Bhagavad Gita in Urdu.
Business & Economy
The Committee on Economic Affairs Office (CCEA) has approved Rs.300 crore package to save-standing kharif agriculture and horticulture of the weakness of the monsoon.
- The committee also approved easing standards for sugar factories to borrow subsidized loans of six thousand crore rupees to help clear sugar cane arrears.
Indian rupee failed to maintain initial gains and raped 65 against dollar, its lowest since September 2013.
- Note: The rupee remained under pressure since China devalued yuan Tuesday.
Government reviews the National Solar Mission target grid connected solar projects from 20,000 MW to 1 lakh MW by 2022.
Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu entered the quarterfinals of the World Badminton Championships in Jakarta.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly