Prime Minister Narendra Modi concluded his tour of Central Asia and Russia.
- During this eight-day visit, he visited five countries in Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan) and Russia.
- He also attended the BRICS and the SCO Summit.
- BRICS: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- SCO Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
- On the last leg of his visit, he met Tajikistan.
- He held talks with President Emomali Rahmon of Tajikistan.
Memoranda of understanding signed between Tajikistan and India:
- Programme of Cooperation (POC) between the Ministries of Culture of India and Tajikistan in the field of culture for the years 2016-18: The CEP envisages cooperation in the field of culture through the exchange of expertise in the protection, preservation and promotion of cultural heritage in both countries, exchange of information and experts and the organization of cultural days in the countries of each other for better cultural understanding between countries.
- Note verbale Exchange (NV) on the establishment of computer laboratories in 37 schools in Tajikistan: The Note Verbale reflects the intention of the Indian side to set up computer labs in 37 schools in Tajikistan to support government efforts Tajikistan’s human resources and skills development. The NV also describes the responsibilities of both parties to implement the project.
Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the longest road tunnel in India at Udhampur in Jammu and Kashmir today.
- This will reduce the distance Jammu Srinagar by 30 kms visit
- All preparations in place to Kumbh Mela, which will start tomorrow in Nashik.
- 1 ‘Shahi Snan’ is scheduled on August 29 during mela is held after 12 years
- Similar formulations over 12 days in Telangana Godavari Maha Pushkaralu and Andhra Pradesh states.
- Surat became the first city in the country to have a modern network of real-time video surveillance.
- In the first phase, 104 CCTV cameras have been installed in 23 locations together with a video wall of 280 square feet, one of the largest in the country, the police control room in the city.
- IWC established a task force of 40 members to probe Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
- On Thursday, a bench headed by Chief Justice HL Dattu had transferred the probe of all affairs related to the scam CBI requesting the investigating agency to file a report before the Apex Court on 24th of this month.
- India test-fired its locally developed anti-tank guided missile Nag.
- It can hit a target up to seven kilometers from a helicopter.
- Minister of Civil Aviation Ashok Gajapathi Raju officially launched today GAGAN, which would make the most efficient flight operations and reduce costs, as it reduces the separation between aircraft, increase security and air consumption fuel.
- The new system will provide services for GPS augmentation over the country, the Bay of Bengal, south east Asia and the Middle East to Africa expanding.
- GAGAN GPS Aided Geo Augmented Navigation-
- Indians have won three Wimbledon titles in 24 hours.
- Sania Mirza with Martina Hingis (Switzerland) won the title in women’s doubles.
- Leander Paes with Martina Hingis (Switzerland) won the mixed doubles.
- Sumit Nagal with Ly Hoang Nam (Vietnam) won the Boys’ Doubles title.
- See the complete list of the winners of Wimbledon in 2015 from here.
- BCCI suspends Mumbai Ranji cricket Hiken Shah to corrupt approach to another player during IPL.
- Malala Yousafzai, the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, celebrated his 18th birthday in Lebanon Sunday with the opening of a school for girls of Syrian refugees.
- She called on world leaders to invest in “books not bullets.”
- It became a symbol of defiance after being shot in the head in Pakistan in 2012 by the Taliban for advocating girls’ rights to education.
- She continued the campaign and won the Nobel in 2014.
- The Malala Fund, a nonprofit organization that supports local education projects, paid for school in the Bekaa Valley near the Syrian border.
- It can accommodate up to 200 girls aged 14-18.
Business & Economy
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has promised to work with Greece and its European creditors to resolve the financial crisis of the country after Monday’s bailout deal.
- The conditional agreement allows Greece to temporarily avoid the prospect of abandoning the euro and the global financial chaos that could result.
Awards and Recognition
- Miss Olivia Oklahoma Jordan was crowned Miss USA Sunday, beating 50 other competitors to win the 64th annual competition.
- Four scientific Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, jointly received the prestigious 2015 William Harvey in the field of hematology.
- They are,
- Saeedul Hasan
- Kafeel Arif Akhtar
- Shagufta Qadri
- Suhailur Rahma
- Political satire Director Vivek Agnihotri Indian Buddha In A Traffic Jam “won the award for best original screenplay in a foreign language category at the International Film Festival of Madrid 2015.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.