Ahead of the first Yoga Day on the UN to observe 21 June 2015, India and China Yoga College was inaugurated in Yunnan Minzu University in Kunming.
- This was the first government institution in China.
- Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh with the vice governor of Yunnan Province Ding Shaoxiang unveiled the plaque of this college.
- Note: The Memorandum of Understanding for the establishment of the Yoga College was signed during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in China last month.
- Ambassador of India to China: Ashok Kantha
Bibek Debroy the Committee on the proposed restructuring of Indian Railways has recommended the establishment of the regulator of railways of India (RRAI), an independent regulator to rule on the tariffs to reorganize paths iron short of cash.
- The committee said, once the changes the first five years are implemented, including the resolution of the social question of costs, the railway budget should be eliminated with the gross budgetary support to Indian Railways.
- Note: This high-level committee was established in September last year to restructure the railways and to suggest ways to mobilize resources.
- Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and drinking water and sanitation Mr Birender Singh announced that the government would provide facilities
11 crore toilets in houses in the country by 2019.
- Five crore houses have already been provided toilet.
- Note: Also a target was set to cover 90 percent of the population to provide running water in 2022.
A total of 687 cadets were inducted into the Indian Army as officers after a passing-out parade at the prestigious Indian Military Academy.
- The Chief of Staff of the Navy Admiral RK Dhowan reviewed the parade held on the square in front Drill historic building Chetwood amid tight security.
71 Foreign Gentleman Cadets also graduated from the academy, with 44 cadets from Afghanistan, Tajikistan and 12 cadets 4 of Bhutan.
Business & Economy
China launched a cargo train service between the northern city of Harbin and Europe, opening a new trade route to Europe covering a distance of almost 10,000 kilometers.
The United States has surpassed Saudi Arabia as the world’s biggest oil producer in 2014.
Russia with 10.8 million for the production of barrels per day oil was placed third.
- Note: India recorded the highest growth in energy consumption among major economies.
- The government launched an insurance pool to Rs 1,500 crore in height which is compulsory under the Civil Liability Act for Nuclear Damage (CLND) in order to offset the financial burden of foreign nuclear suppliers.
This was announced by the Minister of State, Department of Atomic Energy Jitendra Singh, noting that several projects such as the long waiting Gorakhpur Haryana Vidyut Anu Pariyojna (GHAVP) that took place in his absence should now move on front after setting up the pool.
Under the pool of Rs 1,500 crore, established by General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re) and 11 non-life insurers, including New India, Oriental Insurance, National Insurance and United India Insurance Public Sector outside companies private insurance policies offered will be a political responsibility of the operators of nuclear insurance and nuclear emergency “special providers (against the right of appeal) insurance policy.
The Ministry of the Union of Indian Overseas (MOIA) with the Government of Tamil Nadu have launched Migrant Resource Centre (MRC) in Chennai.
- Note: This is the fourth of its kind Migrant Resource Centre (MRC) in India set up by MOIA.
- The MRC will provide information, advice, recommendations and guidance on all aspects of employment abroad, including legal and regulatory requirements; documentation and procedures; policies; and problems encountered while working on board for migrants and Indian workers who intend to oversea.
Twitter Inc CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Dick Costolo announced his retirement amid increasingly controlling growth and the inability of the user to slow the company to attract advertisers at the same rate as its competitors.
- Costolo will be replaced by co-founder Jack Dorsey on an interim basis.
A month and a half before the end of his term as director of the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Bimal Roy scientist, who was conferred Padma Shri earlier this year, was removed unceremoniously.
- In an order issued by the Ministry of Statistics and the implementation of the program, Dr. Roy was accused of “indiscipline” and communication expresses the fear that he may engage in acts of “administrative and financial irregularities” .
- Note: It has been replaced by the director-designate Sanghmitra Bandyopadhyay, who was supposed to take charge of the institute, on 1 August 2015.
Awards and Recognition
Pace bowler legendary West Indies, Sir Wesley Hall, was inducted into the International Cricket Council (ICC) Hall of Fame, becoming the 18th Caribbean cricketer to feature in the famous list.
- Note: Hall is the fourth this year cricketer to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame after Betty Wilson, Anil Kumble and Martin Crowe, who was inducted earlier this year at the World Cup.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly