Today is the International Day for Disaster Reduction.
- The day was started in 1989 with the approval by the General Assembly of the United Nations.
- The General Assembly of the UN International Day sees as a way to promote a global culture of disaster reduction, including disaster prevention, mitigation and preparedness.
- This day was celebrated on the second Wednesday of October, the United Nations General Assembly decided in 2009 to designate October 13th as the date to celebrate IDDR.
- Themes of the International Day for Disaster Reduction
- 2011: make children and young people Partners for Disaster Reduction
- 2012: Women and Girls: the [in] Visible Force of Resilience
- 2013: Living with Disability and disasters
- 2014: Resiliency for Life
- 2015: Knowledge for Life Anchor
President Pranab Mukherjee, who is on his first visit to Palestine, announced five projects worth US $ 17.9 million, including a technology park in Ramallah.
- In addition, a grant of $ 5 million was also given to Palestine as budget support.
After leaving Palestine, our president has reached Israel.
- This is the first visit of a head of Indian state
- A number of memoranda of understanding will be signed with Israel, including in the areas of renewable energy, double tax avoidance, culture exchange program and education.
- The Iranian parliament approved the nuclear deal the country with world powers today, paving the way for the historic agreement curb Tehran’s atomic program to take effect and sanctions to end.
West Bengal Government will LTC facility visit foreign countries for its employees.
- Employees can visit Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan and the Maldives neighbor under the facility LTC time in ten years.
- The government will pay airfare in economy class for availing LTC in foreign countries.
- LTC – Leave Travel Concession
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today inaugurated the three-day conference ‘Indian Air force commanders in New Delhi.
- The higher the air force commanders, representatives of state aircraft manufacturer HAL, Bharat Dynamics Limited and the Board of artillery factory participating in the conference.
- The conference is likely to discuss various issues, including the drafting of women as fighter pilots, operating problems that plague the force, and the induction of fighter aircraft like LCA Tejas and Rafale.
Eminent Punjabi writer Dalip Kaur Tiwana announced that she will return his Padma Shri in protest against the rise of sectarian tensions in the country.
Indian IT giants Infosys CFO and EVP Rajiv Bansal resigned.
- The company has appointed Ranganath Mavinakere the new CFO.
India bags more than two dozens of gold medals on the first day of the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Weightlifting Championships.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.