Today (August 14th) is Day of Independence of Pakistan.
- While Pakistan today will celebrate its Independence Day falls tomorrow’s India.
- The two border forces “countries traditionally used to exchange candy Wagah border on that occasion and festivals such as Eid and Diwali.
But this year, BSF has decided not to accept such gifts to protest against the series of terrorist attacks in Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir in the past month.
Strengthening their cooperation to build the economic corridor through PoK $ 46000000000, China and Pakistan signed 20 agreements worth $ 1.6 billion to implement the ambitious CPEC project.
- CPEC – China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
Government plans to give financial incentives of up to 1.5 lakh rupees from sale of old vehicles over ten years old to check pollution and meet road safety concerns.
This comes at a time when the National Green Tribunal (NGT) banned plying of diesel vehicles that are more than ten years in the area of the national capital.
- Under the proposed policy, people get a bonus of up to Rs 30,000 for rejecting small vehicles like cars, while total benefits after consideration of tax exemptions, etc. could be up to Rs 1.5 lakh for large vehicles like trucks.
- The new policy is likely to be valid for vehicles over ten years across the country.
- Transport Minister: Nitin Gadkari
The YouTube channel of the Ministry of Interior was launched today.
- The purpose of this channel is to disseminate information through videos.
- The channel is expected to enhance the online presence of the ministry and engaging the public.
- Launched by Kiren Rijiju (Minister of State for Home)
Business & Economy
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all banks to provide a 2% interest in the concession short-term loans of up to Rs 3 lakh crop for farmers.
- Note: The government in the budget for 2015-16 proposed to implement subsidy regime in the current financial interest for short-term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakh.
Uninor, the Indian unit of Norwegian telecom major Telenor has awarded a contract worth Rs crore in 1200 to the Chinese company Huawei to modernize and manage its network across six circles in India within three years.
- In order to relieve congestion in telecommunications, the Council of Ministers of the Union has approved a proposal that suggested allowing telcos to share spectrum in the same band.
- Telcos will now be able to share their unused spectrum and improve the quality of the network and reduce operational costs.
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Government of India and the Government of Nepal for the construction of a pipeline of petroleum products Raxaul (India) to Amlekhgunj (Nepal) and re-engineering of Amlekhgunj Depot and related facilities.
- The MoU will promote bilateral cooperation in the oil and gas sector and securing long-term supply of petroleum products to Nepal.
The Union Cabinet also gave ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in establishing the Fund Pace Setter – a fund to support access to energy through Promoting track Clean Energy US – India partnership to advance the Clean Energy (PACE) between India and the United States of America.
- The MoU was signed in New Delhi June 30, 2015.
Om Prakash Rawat, a former officer of Madhya Pradesh under IAS which until recently was the Secretary at the Centre, was today appointed as the new Commissioner of Elections, days before the election date of the meeting of Bihar are announced.
- With the appointment of Rawat, the only position in the body of the vote of three members was completed.
- Rawat will join Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi AK Joti in the Committee Draft of three members.
The government appointed senior counsel Arun P Sathe, older brother Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, on the advice of the regulator SEBI markets, raising eyebrows about political appointments to key positions.
The chief Sabar Dairy, Jethabhai Patel, was re-elected as president of the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), for another three-year term.
Microblogging platform Twitter has announced that it has increased the direct message (DM) limited to 10,000 characters from the existing 140, allowing users to send private messages to your friends over.
- Earlier this year, the company had launched direct messages Group, where multiple users can chat and other user could a private message.
- Twitter CEO: Jack Dorsey
The researchers detected a methane planet wrapped called 51 Eridani, 100 light-years away that looks like a young Jupiter.
- The planet is 20 million years ago and may hold the key to understanding how planets form large.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.