Nation celebrates 69th Independence Day today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation from the ramparts of Red Fort.
- Here are some important announcements made by him in his speech on Independence Day:
- 18,500 villages are still without electricity can be supplied in the next 1,000 days.
- Government at Club 44 labor laws in four codes simplify for people.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana launched an expenditure of Rs. 50,000 crore.
Ministry of Agriculture would be renamed the Ministry of Agriculture and the protection of farmers.
- An initiative “Start-Up in India” to encourage entrepreneurship among young people.
- Rank-One-One Pension accepted “in principle”. Methods being developed with stakeholders.
- Pushed to financial inclusion with 17 crore bank accounts opened by the Pradhan Mantri January Dhan Yojana.
- Scheme for direct transfer of LPG subsidy has resulted in savings of Rs. 15,000 crore.
- Promise toilets in all schools was almost filled with the cooperation of States.
- Cases of corruption probed by the CBI rose from 800 before the NDA government took office to 1800 now.
- Each of 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit Adivasi or contractor and at least one woman entrepreneur.
- A house and access to basic services such as electricity to all by 2022.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has launched the official twitter account of Taj Mahal (“TajMahal”), the Independence Day.
- Taj Mahal became the first monument to have an official Twitter handle.
Awards and Recognition
President Pranab Mukherjee has approved 67 brave personnel of armed forces and paramilitary forces.
- The price includes two Kirti Chakra, 10 Shaurya Chakras, and 49 Medals of Bravery.
Naib Subedar Rajesh Kumar who sacrificed his life fighting with the terrorists in Handwara in Jammu and Kashmir was posthumously awarded the second highest award in peacetime gallantry Kirti Chakra.
Shaurya Chakra Lt. Col. stock Nectar Sanjenbam of 21 Parachute Regiment, who led a group of Indian soldiers in the raid after the ambush in June Manipur was awarded the Kirti Chakra.
Kirthi charka shares
- Shri Nectar Sanjenbam
- Shri Rajesh Kumar (posthumous)
- Shaurya Chakra
- Shri Nath Rai Munindra (posthumously)
- Shri Shift Tanuj Grover
- Shri Varun Kumar Singh
- Shri Man Bahadur Chhetri
- Shri Milind Mohan Mokashi
- Shri Sandeep Singh
- Shri Mohd Shafi Sheikh (posthumously)
- Shri Reyaz Ahmad (posthumously)
- Shri Hira Kumar Jha (posthumously)
Saina Nehwal reached her daughter’s World Championships final, beating Lindaweni Fanetri semifinal badminton.
- The win him the silver medal assures.
The name of Sania Mirza was officially approved for the coveted Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, becoming only the second tennis player to be nominated for the highest sporting honor.
- The government also named the winners of the Arjuna Award in 2015.
The list includes 17 people, including cricket sports Rohit Sharma and Jitu Rai shooter.
- P R Sreejesh (hockey)
- Dipa Karmakar (gymnastics)
- Jitu Rai (shooting)
- Sandeep Kumar (archery)
- Mandeep Jangra (Boxing)
- Babita (Wrestling)
- Bajrang (Wrestling)
- Rohit Sharma (Cricket)
- K Srikanth (badminton)
- Swarn Singh Virk (rowing)
- Satish Sivalingam (weightlifting)
- Yumnam Santhoi Devi (wushu)
- Sharath Gaekwad (para-sailing)
- M R Poovamma (athletics)
- Manjeet Chhillar (kabaddi)
- Abhilasha Mhatre (kabaddi)
- Anup Kumar Yama (roll).
Abhishek Verma Archer gave India a perfect Independence Day gift by winning the gold medal in the individual compound section of men to open their account in the first stage of the Archery World Cup Archery 3 today.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.