The 10th G20 Summit started in Antalya, Turkey today.
- Terrorism, climate change and global cooperation to unearth black money from high on the agenda
- The summit will take place during 15-16 November 2015.
- President: Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (President of Turkey)
Important points to note about the G20 summits
9th Summit of G-20
- Held during 15-16 November 2014
- Held in Brisbane, Australia
10th summit of G20
- Held during 15-16 November 2015
- Held in Antalya, Turkey
11th Summit of the G-20
- Held in: 2016
- Held in Hangzhou, China
12th Summit of the G-20
- Held in: 2.017
- Held at: Germany
13th Summit of the G-20
- Held in: 2.018
- Held at India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has proposed an agenda of 7 points on climate change at the G20 Summit.
Here are 7 points provided by Modi PM:
- What the G20 can do for climate change?
- At the G20, we can play an effective role in supporting multilateral objectives of increasing research and development to expand affordable renewable energy.
- We must also ensure that bride and technology is available to meet the global universal aspiration of clean energy.
- We have to achieve the target of US $ 100 billion per year by 2020 goal.
- Counties G20 should increase the share of traffic on public transport in cities by 30 percent by 2030.
- We should move from “carbon credits” towards “green credits”.
- When we talk about targets, we must not only reduce the use of fossil fuels, but also moderate our lifestyle.
- Development in harmony with nature is the goal of my proposal to launch the long-French President Francois Hollande, an alliance of solar rich countries at COP-21 meeting.
Today (3rd Sunday of November) is the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims.
The day was started with the charity accident of the British victim, RoadPeace in 1993 and was adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2005.
- Theme 2015: It is time to remember – Say NO to crime Road!
India and Bangladesh today signed a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in New Delhi, to operationalize the “Coastal Shipping Agreement” signed between the two countries in June 2015.
- This will improve trade by lowering the cost of transporting the EXIM (Export-Import) cargo.Anchor
School Charpentier, a technical premier Indian Navy establishment, was commissioned as Indian Ship Vishwakarma by the head of the Navy Admiral RK Dhowan during an official ceremony held at the East Navy Command (ENC) in Visakhapatnam.
- The school is the alma mater of several officers of the naval architect, officers and shipwright sailors of Indian Navy.
The Application Directorate (ED) has recorded the case of money laundering against Himachal Pradesh CM Virbhadra Singh.
- The agency filed the case under the provisions of the Law of Prevention of Money Laundering (PMLA) after learning of a criminal complaint filed by the CBI in this regard in September.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has appointed Satish Shah and Bhawana Somaaya as members of the cinema and TV Institute of India (FTII) Society.
- Their appointments are in the category of eminent personalities related to education Film and TV, journalism, literature, fine arts, dramatic arts, etc.
- The ministry has also appointed Shri Brijendra Pal Singh as member of the Company in the category FTII alumni FTII.
Business & Economy
Swacch Bharat 0.5% process comes into force from today.
- This process will increase the rate of service tax from 14% to 14.5% on all taxable services, including mobile services, travel and PAN (Permanent Account Number) cards.
Railway tariffs for categories of the upper class will increase by 4.35%.
The government expects to raise around Rs 10,000 crore Bharat Swachh process for the full year.
- The tax generated by the process will be used to finance the company’s project of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bharat Mission Swachh.
- The government announced the date of implementation, November 6.
Xuerui Li of China won the China Open title Super Series Premier badminton beating Saina Nehwal of India.
- Saina Nehwal failed to defend his Title and lost in three sets to Xuerui Li in the final.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.