The government will spend more than Rs 90,000 crore for the development of the Northeast region.
- This includes the construction of roads and railway networks in development.
- Amid a controversy does not publish data of caste census, the government has set up an expert group to gather number of caste.
- This panel will be headed by Arvind Panagariya (Vice-President of NITI Ayog)
The government has been criticized by the parties, including Samajwadi Party, JD (U), RJD and DMK for failing to release data based on caste in its first socio economic and Caste Census (SECC).
- Note: SECC data released July 3 is the first in eight decades after 1912.
The Government of 6 members of the panel on Net neutrality recommended that applications be offering national calls brought under the regulatory framework prescribed for telecommunications operators, but those who provide messaging services and international calls on the Internet be free of license conditions.
- Head of this panel: AK Bhargava (Counsellor, Technology, Ministry of Telecommunications)
- Note: The report suggests that plans such as Airtel Zero be allowed with prior permission of the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of India, but opposes Internet.org platforms such as Facebook.
The Government of Nagaland permanently banned the manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of all forms of processed sweet flavor / perfume / chewing tobacco if via the name or form of gutkha, pan masala, zarda etc. containing tobacco or nicotine ingredients, under any name on the market in Nagaland.
- Chief Minister of Nagaland: T. R. Zeliang
The Committee on Economic Affairs Office (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the establishment of a state transmission system in intra 7 states.
These statements include,
- Andhra Pradesh,
- Himachal Pradesh,
- Madhya Pradesh,
- The estimated cost of this project: Rs 8,548,68 crore [Government of India contribution of the National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF) Rs 3,419,47 crore (40 per cent of the total estimated project cost)].
- To solve the problems of pollution, congestion and the lack of housing for the poor and the middle class, the unity government has approved the TOD policy for Delhi.
- TOD: Transit Oriented Development
Minister of Urban Development M.Venkaiah Naidu authorized the policy that should recast the landscape of Delhi as part of the review of the Master Plan for Delhi – 2021.
- Note: The ministry has almost doubled the floor area ratio for buildings around the fast mass transport systems such as the metro, but with some riders.
Adding more momentum in the field of manufacturing of defense products within the ‘Make India initiative, aerospace and defense major US Boeing signed a framework agreement with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd. (TASL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons, to cooperate in the aerospace and defense manufacturing.
- The two companies, according to the agreement, will work together on the development possibilities of potential integrated systems, including unmanned aerial vehicles.
- The two companies plan to access common markets for products and platforms developed jointly by them.
Nehru Science Centre, Mumbai has joined hands with Techfest, IIT Bombay to launch a pilot project “Internet for all”
- The “Internet for all” project, which is being tested in 26 rural schools in the district of Nashik, will be an integrated installation in the mobile science exhibition buses Nehru Science Centre and will cover a distance of 650 km.
- The objective is to take literally at the door of internet students studying in remote areas of Maharashtra.
Business & Economy
The Greek parliament approved drastic austerity measures demanded by lenders to open negotiations on a new package of multi-billion euro bailout to keep Greece in the eurozone.
- The bill includes tax increases and an increase in the retirement age.
In order to streamline the FDI structure, the government introduced a composite foreign investment cap clubbing all forms of foreign investment to set sectoral boundaries.
- The proposal aims to simplify the FDI policy to attract foreign investment and improving the ease of doing business in India.
- “From now on, all the FIIs, NRIs and other foreign investment … will be clubbed. It will be formed as a composite plug”, Arun Jaitley Minister of Finance said.
- Note: Under the current policy, there are different caps for different asset classes such as FDI, FII and NRI.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has formed a committee whose objective is to develop a medium-term (five years) measurable action plan for financial inclusion.
- The terms of reference include reviewing the current policy of financial inclusion, including the payment system and a framework of consumer protection, taking into account the recommendations of the various committees set up earlier.
- Head of the committee: Deepak Mohanty (Executive Director RBI).
The Ministry of Interior has authorized a Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei proposed to set up a manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu.
- The move came nearly two months after the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in China where it has affirmed its commitment to create a business friendly environment for both countries.
Records Bangladesh 4th ODI series win in a row by beating South Africa by nine wickets to claim the series.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly