Today (16th November) is the International Day for Tolerance.
- This day is an annual celebration declared by UNESCO in 1995 to raise awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
- The purpose of this day is to increase awareness about the dangers of intolerance and its implications in maintaining peace among peoples.
- Theme 2015: mobilization and involvement of health personnel to accelerate Zero Tolerance to FGM
- Theme 2014: An opportunity to renew our commitments
India and Australia announced the completion of the implementation procedures of the civil nuclear agreement.
Important points to note:
India and Australia have signed the civilian nuclear cooperation agreement during then visit the Australian PM Tony Abbott in New Delhi.
His successor, this Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull says PM Narendra Modi today that the pact procedure has been completed and can now be implemented.
- This opens the doors for the provision of much needed uranium for nuclear reactors in India.
US President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed on the need for peace talks sponsored by the UN and a ceasefire to resolve years of war in Syria.
The government said today the National Socialist Council of Nagaland Khaplang (NSCNK), all its formations and front organizations as a terrorist organization under unlawful activities (Prevention) Act 1967.
- The NSCN (K), a militant outfit, was born in 1988 and is active along the Indo-Myanmar border.
- NSCN (K) has resorted to terrorism by killing innocent civilians and security forces and engaged in other violent activities, including the June 4, 2015 attack on the army convoy in the district of Chandel Manipur.
Uttar Pradesh tourism has organized three days Mahal Balloon Festival, a hot air balloon festival in Agra with 14 colored inflatable structures that dot the skyline of the city.
State tourism department has worked with Sky Waltz, a company based in Delhi for organizing the festival.
Health Minister JP Nadda Union launched the country’s first affordable medicines and reliable implant treatment program (AMRIT) for.
The program aims to reduce the cost of cancer and cardiovascular disease treatment.
- AMRIT first output of the country was inaugurated at the Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where drugs are sold at very reduced prices.
Veteran actor Saeed Jaffrey (86) was passed.
- He played in no fewer than 100 Hindi films, including acclaimed projects like Satyajit Ray “Shatranj Ke Khiladi” face Sanjeev Kapoor.
- He also worked with Hollywood legends such as Sean Connery, Michael Caine, Roshan Seth, James Ivory, Richard Attenborough and Daniel Day-Lewis.
- His mentioned international films are “The Man Who Would Be King”, “Death on the Nile”, “Sphinx”, “The jewel in the crown”, “A Passage to India”, “My Beautiful Laundrette”, “misleading “” After Midnight “,” On Wings of Fire “and” Chicken Tikka Masala “.
Jaffrey received a BAFTA nomination for “My Beautiful Laundrette“.
- It is also the first Indian to receive the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for his contributions to drama.
Kamala Laxman, a famous writer of books for children and the wife of the iconic cartoonist and creator of Man RK Laxman town, has died.
Syed Akbaruddin appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations in New York.
- Asoke Kumar Mukerji replace it.
- Akbar is 1985 Indian Duty Officer of Foreign Affairs of the lot.
- Currently, he is serving as Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He was also spokesman for MEA and was successful in India Chief Coordinator of Foreign Affairs Africa Summit held in New Delhi last month.
German racing driver Formula One Mercedes Nico Rosberg won the Grand Prix of Brazil.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.