Egypt has executed six members of the Sinai Peninsula, a militant group with links to Islamic state to carry out an attack against soldiers in 2014.
- The group has killed hundreds of police and soldiers since the army ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in 2013.
Modi Visit Mongolia
Modi, on a two-day visit to Mongolia, the first by an Indian prime minister has offered Mongolia Bhabhatron, indigenous Machine developed by Indian scientists for the treatment of cancer, in the first demonstration of the bilateral cooperation in the sector civil nuclear power.
- Modi gifted this equipment to the National Cancer Center, the only hospital cancer Ulaan Baatar.
- India has announced a credit line of $ 1 billion to Mongolia to expand its economic capacity and infrastructure, they decided to upgrade their comprehensive relations “strategic partnership”.
- India and Mongolia inked today 14 agreements in various sectors to strengthen bilateral relations, including an agreement on air services and cyber security, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi held talks with his Mongolian counterpart Saikhanbileg chimed in Ulaanbaatar.
- See the complete list of the 14 agreements signed by India and Mangolia from here.
Nepalese government today unveiled its action plan to protect and rebuild the heritage sites damaged by the earthquake that devastated the country and flew the main historical jewels.
- The Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation has come up with the plan to be carried out gradually with short-term plans, medium-term and long-term action.
- Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation: Deepak Chandra Amatya
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today announced various initiatives to car drivers, including the Annual Tariff Review rickshaws, over 400 new stop-and-go booths and relaxation of the rules, including permission to refuse clients returning home.
Business & Economy
Expand public services of post offices, the Centre plans to open 1,000 postal ATMs
- (ATMs) across the country to provide the facility of cash withdrawal around the clock.
- Important Note: The first postal ATM in Bihar was inaugurated in Patna GPO (General Post Office).
- Union Information and Technology Minister: Ravishankar Prasad
Improving its own financial targets, the government has contained the fiscal deficit to 4 percent of GDP for 2014-15 to Rs 5,01,880 crore.
- The income deficit has also been limited to 2.8 percent, beating the budget target of 2.9 percent for the past year.
The government has allocated Rs 5,000 crore for the growth of the Department of AYUSH and launched an independent national AYUSH mission of capacity building for the sector.
- AYUSH – Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy
- Union Minister of State for AYUSH – Sripad Naik
To help Indian and Chinese firms in cross-border companies, top private sector lender ICICI Bank opened its first branch in China.
- Based in Shanghai, the largest city in China and a major global financial center, the new branch would start with 17 banking professionals handling different functions, including corporate banking, operations, finance and treasury.
- This branch was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Awards and Recognition
Chaitali Galakhe, a young married Maharashtra which obtained a “toilet” as her wedding gift from her parents as she preferred over jewelry is now given a reward of Rs 10 lakh by Sulabh International for taking a stand on the issue.
- Inspired by the campaign ‘Swachch Bharat’, the wife of Akola district insisted on a toilet in her in-laws house, placing basic sanitation needs much ahead of other wedding gifts.
Science & Technology
The latest version of self-driving car of Google, a pod-like two-seater that does not need gas pedal or steering wheel, will debut on public roads this summer, a milestone in the mission of the technology giant to have driverless cars available for consumers in the next five years.
- This prototype is the first vehicle built from scratch for the end of self-conduct.
The Directorate of Trinamool Congress MP recently interviewed actor Mithun Chakraborty and implementation in relation to the multi-crore scam Saradha chitfund.
- During the interrogation, the agency heassured he would soon return the amount given to him by the company.
AAP government taxes acting Chief Secretary of Delhi Shakuntala Gamlin lobbying for power companies.
- Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju called as an insult to the people of the Northeast.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly