Home Minister Rajnath Singh to embark on a tour of five days in China 19 November 2015.
- During the visit, India and China will discuss ways to strengthen security relations in particular on the fight against cross-border terrorism and the trafficking of Chinese weapons to militants in the northeast.
- Important Note: This will be the first visit by an Indian Minister of Interior in China in a decade.
- India and China today decided to deepen bilateral relations in defense and maintaining peace and tranquility to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in addition to strengthen cooperation against terrorism, including internationally.
- The decisions were made after the meeting between a delegations of 26, -member visit led by General Fan Changlong, vice chairman of the powerful Central Military Commission of China (MCC) and the Indian side was led by the Minister of Defense Manohar Parrikar.
- Note: This is the delegation of Chinese defense at the highest level to visit India in recent years.
France and Russia bombed targets Islamic state in Syria today, punishing the group for bombings in Paris against a Russian airliner that killed 353 people at a time, and made the first steps towards a possible alliance Military.
Odisha Government of National Food Security Act implements in 14 of the 30 districts of the state in the first phase covering 26 lakh families.
14 districts that are discussed in this first phase are:
Angul, Bargarh, Boudh, Balangir, Deogarh, Gajapati, Jharsuguda, Kandhamal, Kalahandi, Koraput, Malkangiri, Nuapada, Sonepur and Sambalpur.
A three-member committee constituted by the Delhi government has recommended the BCCI to suspend Delhi and District Cricket Association (LOAC) into allegations of financial irregularities within the Capital cricket administration.
- The committee also suggested the cricket body of the State must be in place led by an interim professional cricket committee.
- Note: This committee was headed by Chetan Sanghi, Principal Secretary, and Department Vigilance.
Government approved action plans for Amrut 81 cities with total project expenditure of Rs 5.748 crore.
Amrut – Atal Mission for rejuvenation and urban transformation.
The minimum passenger train fare increase from Rs 5 to Rs 10 as the railways has decided to increase the price to the minimum load in non-suburban services on par with admission to the platform.
- It will be effective from November 20.
Senior VHP (Vishva Hindu Parishad) leader Ashok Singhal passed way.
- Bachelor and RSS Pracharak all his life, Singhal, adopted an aggressive style in the countryside “kar sewak” in the accumulation of the demolition of the Babri Masjid in December 1992.
Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson announced he will retire from all forms of international cricket at the end of the second current test against New Zealand which concluded today.
- Johnson is fourth test wicket taker of Australia, with 313 in 73 Test matches, and also took 239 in one day games.
Young Indian Shuttler Siril Verma won a silver medal at the World Junior Championships BWF after suffering a narrow defeat against Chia Hung Lu of Chinese Taipei.
FIFA, soccer’s governing body, banned football head Ganesh Thapa of Nepal for 10 years for corruption.
- Note: The body also banned the president of the Federation of Laos Viphet Sihachakr for two years for corruption.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.