Prime Minister Narendra Modi returns home after two-day visit to the UAE.
- The visit saw both sides are heavily on countries supporting terrorism against other states.
- The two sides decided to elevate India-UAE relationship for a comprehensive strategic partnership and chart a new course for cooperation in key areas such as trade and investment, defense, security, maritime security and sharing intelligence.
- Note: Modi was the first Indian Prime Minister to visit the Gulf country in 34 years.
- The last Indian Prime Minister to visit the UAE Indira Gandhi in 1981.
- Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi has approved tough new laws against terrorism to fight the growing insurgency in the country.
- The laws establish special courts and offer additional protection against the legal consequences for the military and police officers who used force.
- They also impose the death penalty for anyone found guilty of setting up or leading a terrorist group.
Delhi Department of Transportation approves the installation plan Bike-on-Rent in the national capital and will be notified by the end of this month.
- Licenses will be issued for bikes that can be rented for use by individuals and tourists.
- The measure was taken to boost tourism in the city.
- This initiative aims to provide the last mile connectivity and individual tourists in the city.
The Supreme Court today asked search engines like Google India, India Yahoo and Microsoft Corporation (I) Pvt Ltd to respond to allegations that they were violating Indian laws and a court order by not blocking advertisements on determining the gender of a fetus.
- The apex court had already ruled that search engines are not advertise or sponsor any advertising that would violate Article 22 of the PCPNDT Act 1994.
The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) became the first airport in the country to be fully powered by solar energy.
- A solar power plant of 12 MW in the premises of the airport will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy government today.
Sri Lanka Ranil Wickremesinghe Prime Minister of United National Party claimed victory in parliamentary elections.
- Rajapaksa concedes defeat in this election.
The wife of President Pranab Mukherjee Suvra Mukherjee dies.
She founded the ‘Geetanjali Troupe “, whose mission is to spread the philosophy of Rabindranath Tagore expressed through songs and dance dramas.
- Books written by Suvra Mukherjee:
Chokher Aloey: This book is a personal account of his close interaction with Indira Gandhi
Chena Achenai Chin: A travel book recounting his visit to China.
Business & Economy
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated & laid the first stone of 11 projects National Highway 700 km at a cost of Rs 9700 crore capital in Bihar (Ara).
Modi also announced a “special package” of Rs 1, 25,000 crore for Bihar.
Dissolution of this special package:
- Farmer welfare: Rs 3,094 cr
- Education: Rs 1000
- Skills Development: Rs 1,550 cr
- Health: Rs 600 cr
- Electricity: Rs 16,130 cr
- Rural roads: Rs 13,820 cr
- Highways: Rs 54,713
- Railways: Rs 8,870 cr
- Airports: Rs 2,700 cr
- Digital Bihar: Rs 449 cr
- Oil and gas: Rs 21,476 cr
- Tourism: Rs 600 cr
- Total: Rs 1,25,003 cr
The production of food grains in the country estimated to have declined by 4.66 percent to 252.68 million tonnes (MT) in 2014-15 due to poor monsoon and rains season.
Global Credit Rating Agency Moody lowered India’s growth forecast for this year to 7 percent from 7.5 percent anticipated earlier.
Adani Ports and Kerala government signed a memorandum of understanding for the proposed Rs 7,525 crore terminal deep Vizhinjam international maritime and port, 25 years after the project was first discussed.
- The central government will also participate in infrastructure project, which will be completed in three phases.
Arun Jaitley Minister of Finance inaugurated the second edition of the State Bank of Banking & Economics Conclave India.
- Theme of this year’s conclave: “The growth story of India 😕 What must be done “
Awards and Recognition
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa presented the first prize APJ Abdul Kalam to Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientist N. Valarmathi, who led the team that successfully launched Radar Imaging Satellite risat-1 in 2012.
Scottish professional tennis player Andy Murray won Rogers Cup 2015 Masters Tournament by beating Novak Djokovic.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.