Today is World COPD Day
COPD – Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- World COPD Day is held annually on the second or third Wednesday of November.
- Objective: To improve awareness and care of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) around the world.
- The theme of World COPD Day 2015: It’s not too late
- Important note: November is National Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Awareness Month.
France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their military and security services in an unusual alliance against the militants of Islamic state in Syria after the devastating attacks Friday in Paris and the recent bombing of a Russian plane in Egypt.
The BTRC (Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission) block Facebook social media platform and online messaging and services of WhatsApp and Viber calls for security reasons.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will began a visit to Malaysia and Singapore during 21st to 25th November 2015.
- During this visit, he will attend the 10th Summit of Asia-eastern India and ASEAN Summit in KualaLumpur.
The Delhi government today cleared the Lokpal Bill in January, paving the way for the creation of post anti-corruption ombudsman, which she was similar to that proposed during the Anna Hazare movement and the table will generally soon.
Prime Minister launches the 6th World Narendra Modi Focal Point Conference on Asset Recovery in Delhi today.
West Bengal Transport Minister Madan Mitra, accused in the chit fund scam Saradha, resigned.
Justice Tirath Singh Thakur was appointed Chief Justice of India (CJI) for a term of 13 months until January 3, 2017.
- He will take over after the Chief Justice Justice HL Dattu retires on December 2nd 2015.
Russia has successfully launched the first satellite to its most recent early warning system, or named EKS Space Integrated System.
- The satellite was officially named Kosmos 2510 (Tundra 11L).
- This new generation of satellite is designed to restore Moscow’s ability to detect, track and identify the missile launches around the world from space.
- The satellite was carried by a Soyuz-2.1b rocket Site 43/4 at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome, located in northern Russia.
Tianhe-2 supercomputer China has retained its most powerful system position in the world for the sixth consecutive time, according to a biannual Top 500 supercomputer list released during the International Supercomputer Conference in Austin, Texas.
- Tianhe-2, or Milky WAY2, with a performance of 33.86 petaflops per second (Pflop / s), was developed by the University of National Defense Technology of China and the National Supercomputer Centre deployed in Guangzhou.
- Note: He held the title since June 2013.
The former head of the foreign intelligence agency of India Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), K. Shankaran Nair died.
- Nair has played a key role RAW restructuring in 1980 after Indira Gandhi returned to power.
- He was then appointed High Commissioner of India in Singapore in 1986 and served until 1988.
- Important Note: He wrote his memoirs Inside IB and RAW: Rolling Stone that gathered moss in 2008
Well known neurosurgeon and secretary general of the Red Cross Society of India Dr. Satya Paul Agarwal died.
- He was honored with Padma Bhushan by the Indian government.
- He was Secretary General of the Indian Red Cross since 2005 and was also the president of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent advisory body on sustainable development and health.
- He also served as Director General of Health Services, Government of India, from 1996 to 2005.
Business & Economy
The 7th Pay Commission will report to the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley tomorrow recommending increased remuneration of central government employees and pensioners.
- The Commission was established in February 2014 to review the remuneration of about 48 lakh central government employees and 55 lakh pensioners.
- Its recommendations will also affect the salaries of state government workers.
- The Office of the Union had extended the duration of the panel in August four months until December.
- Chairman of the 7th Pay Commission: Justice AK Mathur
In the first installment of the ever direct subsidies to farmers, the government today decided to pay to sugar producers Rs 4.50 per quintal for cane they will sell to miller’s deficit, a move that will cost Rs 1,147 crore to the Exchequer.
- The government also authorized participation of 10% in sales Coal India Ltd.
The central government has sanctioned Rs 456 crore to Orissa under Atal Mission for rejuvenation and urban transformation (Amrut) scheme for 2015-16.
- The fund will be used for the development of the nine cities in the state basic infrastructure.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.