Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is on a four-day visit to the Asian financial centers Singapore and Hong Kong to convince investors to invest in the sectors of infrastructure and manufacturing in India.
- He will answer investor meeting and the Summit in Singapore.
- Note: In Singapore, he will give a lecture on “India: A paradise of opportunity in hard times globally” and meet Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and other leaders.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, who is on a 4 day visit to Cambodia and Laos delegation held high-level talks with Lao leaders today.
- He also had separate meetings with the Vice President and President Choummaly Dounyang Vorachith Choummally.
- India and Laos signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MOU).
- A memorandum of understanding is related to air services agreement between India and Laos and is on the rapid impact assessment for the implementation of key projects under the second Mekong Ganga Cooperation.
Ending years of waiting on classified information on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and his family members, the Government of West Bengal declassified today 64 of those files that were in the possession of the Kolkata Police and police West Bengal.
- The files are kept in the Museum of the Police of Calcutta, which is housed in the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police of Kolkata.
- Note: There are 64 files which contained 12.744 pages and files have been scanned before being made public.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched the Rs. 45,000 crore National Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) in Varanasi.
- This system ensures the 24-hour supply for each house.
- Under IPDS, will get Rs 572 crore Varanasi for the project to underground wiring from power lines, reducing line losses and many other things.
- Note: Modi also launched seven projects and programs which include the construction of a ring road in the city of Varanasi, beautification and expansion and redesign of the road Babatpur from the airport to the city.
The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated a conference of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and state human rights commissions (SHRCs) in Varanasi.
- The purpose of the meeting is to discuss ways and means to make the NHRC and the strong SHRCs and effective for the promotion and protection of human rights.
- There are 25 states in the country that have so far implemented SHRCs, independent and autonomous bodies of the NHRC.
- The Commission has proposed to the Government of India for a change in the protection of Human Rights Act (PHR), 1993 for establishment of human rights commissions in the territories of the Union.
- NHRC Chairman: Justice Cyriac Joseph
Business & Economy
The US central bank decided not to raise interest rates to maintain the same level they have been since December 2008.
Government of India today browse the import tax on crude and refined edible oils 5 percent in order to protect the interests of farmers and provide a level playing field for domestic oilseed processors.
Awards and Recognition
President Pranab Mukherjee presented the National Tourism Award for the year 2013-14 today
Gujarat won first prize in the category of integrated development of tourism.
Madhya Pradesh has received the National Monument better maintained and people friendly mobility.
Gujarat has also received the award for Best Rural Tourism Project
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.