During his visit to Korea, the final destination of his three-nation tour, Modi and President Park Geun – hye held talks and resolved to add “new substance, speed and content” covering defense, trade and investment and regional cooperation to take bilateral ties to a qualitatively higher level.
- South Korea decided to provide $ 10 billion for infrastructure in India, the development of smart cities, railways, power generation and other fields as diverse as the two countries agreed to upgrade their bilateral relations to a “special strategic partnership“
- Modi invited Korean companies to invest in the infrastructure sector in India; ensures their business environment
- Modi today concluded his visit to the three countries to China, Mongolia and South Korea where he held bilateral talks and signed several pacts to strengthen relations of India with the three countries.
- He began his six-day visit to China from May 14
- He then went to Mongolia, from where he flew to South Korea.
- Check complete summary Modi visits 3 nations of here.
The President of India Pranab Mukherjee praised Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, former president of India on his birthday at Rashtrapati Bhavan today (19 May 2015).
- Sanjeeva Reddy was the sixth President of India, which served from 1977 to 1982.
Government of Gujarat has decided to form a high-level working group to study the habitat more and more Asian lions.
- This was decided after the last census revealed that the population of the Asiatic lion grew outside the protected area of the Gir National Park and Sanctuary.
- This working group will analyze census data in the wake of the growing population of lion outside Gir Wildlife Sanctuary, the only adobe of Asiatic lions.
- The purpose of the working group will prepare a report on growing habitat of lions outside the sanctuary and to propose measures to reduce human-animal conflicts.
Infosys became the first Indian company to join the RE100 renewable energy campaign, a global initiative where companies pledge to only use renewable energy.
- The initiative was launched in New York in September 2014 and has already seen global giants such as IKEA, Swiss Re, Formula E, H & M, Mars, Nestlé, Philips, make a commitment to use only energy own.
- Note: Infosys met 29 percent of its electricity needs with green energy for the year 2015.
Former Union Minister and BJP MP SS Ahluwalia was today appointed chairman of a joint committee of Parliament that will go into the provisions of the controversial bill on land acquisition.
The Joint Committee of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha 30 members will present his report on the first day of the monsoon session on the bill of land that has already been adopted by the Lower House.
Delhi High Court issues a notice to the Director General of TERI RK Pachauri on a way to quash his early deposit in a sexual harassment case.
- TERI – The Energy and Resources Institute
Business & Economy
Reliance arm Industries (RIL), Reliance Jio Infocomm (RJio), Telecom signed an agreement with the Chinese company Huawei for the supply of various 4G devices, including smartphones, tablets and dongles MiFi.
- RJio plans to launch 4G service this year in nearly 5,000 cities and towns, representing over 90 percent of urban India and over 2.15 lakh villages.
Science & Technology
The 4th and last anti-submarine warship underway for the Indian Navy was launched in Kolkata today, adding a feather in the cap for domestic manufacture naval forces.
- The ship named “Kavaratti`has was built by HERG.
- HERG: Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited.
- Kavaratti is the last of four corvettes stealth ASW class being built for the Indian Navy under Project 28.
Important points to note:
- The three other ships of the same class are INS Kamrota, Kadmatt and Kittan.
- Of the three, Kamrota was delivered to the Navy in 2014 and was commissioned.
- Kadmatt Kitan and scheduled for delivery between 2015 and 2017.
- Chief of Staff of the Navy: Admiral RK Dhowan
- Minister of State for Defence: Rao Inderjit Singh
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly