Today (1 September) is the Independence Day of Uzbekistan.
- On August 31, 1991, with the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Uzbekistan declared independence.
- 1 September has been proclaimed National Day of Independence of Uzbekistan.
Important points to note:
- Capital: Tashkent
- Official language: Uzbek
- President: Islam Karimov
- Prime Minister Shavkat Mirziyoyev
- Currency: Uzbekistan somAnchor
India observes National Nutrition Week today (1 September) to Monday (September 7th).
- National Nutrition Week is celebrated every year from 1 September to 7 September to know the people about important advice their health and wellbeing.
- The main objective of this campaign is to raise awareness about the importance of nutrition for health that has profound implications for the development, productivity, economic growth and national development ultimately.
- This campaign was launched by the central government in the year 1982 to promote good health and healthy living through nutrition education that malnutrition is the main obstacle to national development.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has decided to intensify its efforts in the fight against malnutrition among children this year.
- Minister for Women and Child Development: Maneka Gandhi
National Nutrition Week Themes
- Theme 2011: “Feeding smart from the start.”
- Theme 2012: “The awareness of nutrition – key to healthy nation.”
- Theme 2013: “Project Dinnertime – Cook. Eat. Enjoy “.
- Theme 2014: “Poshak Aahar Desh ka Aadhar”.
- Theme 2015: “Better Nutrition: Key to Development”.
The Assembly adopted the Manipur unanimously three bills (one original and two amendments) to protect the indigenous people of the state.
- the protection of Manipur People Bill, 2015,
- Manipur Land Revenue and agrarian reform (7th amendment) the draft law 2015
- Shops and Establishments Manipur (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015.
Awards and Recognition
India won the top prize UNESCO “Award of Excellence” 2015 for outstanding conservation efforts on the majestic temple Sree Vadakkunnathan in Kerala.
- UNESCO – United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Business & Economy
AP Shah Government accepts the panel’s recommendations on minimum alternative tax (MAT)
- This recommendation seeks to amend the Income Tax Act, exempting foreign institutional investors and portfolio investors MAT on transactions before 1 April 2015.
- Note: This amendment will be applicable to FIIs and FDI, but not foreign companies.
The Prime Minister announced today that Bihar will get three lakh 74 thousand crore rupees in the next five years through the 14th Finance Commission.
The Union Government has released Rs.2,000 crore to employee pension scheme of its contribution for the year 2015-16.
- Note: The minimum pension for retired EPS has been increased to Rs 1,000 a month in September last year.
- Minister of State for Labour and Employment: Bandaru Dattatreya
India won Test Cricket Series on Sri Lanka by 117 runs in the third and final test at Colambo.
- Pujara named man of the match.
India won this test series on Sri Lankan soil after 22 years.
- This is the first foreign winner of the test series in India since 2011 the West Indies.
- Ishant Sharma suspended for one Test match for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct in the third Test in Sri Lanka.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly