- International Earth Day is observed today (22 April).
- This day is observed to raise awareness and support environmental protection.
- This day marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.
- The idea came to her Earth Day founder Gaylord Nelson, then a US Senator from Wisconsin, after witnessing the ravages of the massive 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara, California.
Department of External Affairs, India Sushma Swaraj is 5-day visit to Jakarta.
- In this visit, she will attend the 60th anniversary of the Bandung Conference.
- She will also attend the celebrations of the 10th anniversary of the New Asian-African Strategic Partnership.
- The Bandung Conference was the first global meeting of African and Asian states to promote cooperation in economic and cultural, and opposition to colonial policy and neo colonial.
- The conference was held in Bandung, Indonesia by President Sukarno in April 1955, and included delegates from 25 countries representing over half the world’s population.
- Bandung gave birth to the Non-Aligned Movement countries, a dynamic coalition of countries that have created a set of non-western alliances and politics, in opposition to the policy of the United States and the Soviet Union Cold War.
Cabinet clears amend the law on juvenile justice.
- This amendment lowers the age of minors from 18 to 16 for heinous crimes.
- The proposal will allow the Council of Juvenile Justice to decide whether a minor over 16 years involved in heinous crimes such as rape should be sent to a house in the observation or tried by a regular court.
- However, according to the bill, in any case, the minor involved in a heinous crime will be sentenced to death or life in prison or when deemed under the provisions of the JJ Act or under the provisions of the IPC.
- The proposed amendments also include facilitating the rapid adoption of children and setting up shelters.
International news channel Al Jazeera today was forced to go off the air for five days in India that the government sanctioned for repeatedly showing bad cards in India.
The Indian Railways have launched “utsonmobile“, a mobile application for unreserved paperless tickets.
- Developed by the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), ‘utsonmobile “- the paperless unreserved ticketing function in the mobile application is designed to eliminate the need for printing unreserved tickets.
Two Indians, Rahul Pandita and Zeena Johar are among 16 researchers selected for the 2015 Yale World Fellows in the United States for their exemplary work in mid-career.
- Rahul is an Indian journalist Zeena conflict is a healthcare founder.
- Note: The global network Yale World Fellows now includes 17 Indian stock, more than any other country since the program was established in 2002.
Awards and Honors
Pakistan today conferred its top civilian award ‘Nishan-e-Pakistan “Chinese President Xi Jinping on for his outstanding contribution to the promotion of relations between the two countries.
- Pakistani President: Mamnoon Hussain
Business & Economy
Make My trip made another move to expand its travel services with the acquisition of a startup called Travel Mygola today.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (board) confirmed that Zimbabwe will be the first test team to visit Pakistan since 2009
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly