Nepal has adopted its first democratic constitution, nearly a decade after the country ended the civil war of long duration.
- 239 years old Nepal monarchy was abolished in 2008, seven years after a lopsided crown prince killed the king and eight members of his family at the height of the Maoist uprising.
In 2008, the Maoists won the elections for a constituent assembly. But amid wrangling, the Assembly failed to draft a new constitution.
Important points to note:
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Official Language: Nepal
- Chair: Ram Baran Yadav
- VP: Parmanand Jha
- Prime Minister Sushil Koirala
- Currency: Nepalese Rupee (NPR) Anchor
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is on a 4 day visit to Singapore and Hong Kong.
- During this visit, he met with his counterpart in Singapore Tharman Shanmugaratnam and other leaders.
- He addressed investor meeting and attended the Summit in Singapore.
- He discussed issues related to taxation for foreign investments and measures taken by India to attract investment
The Orissa government has decided to increase the workdays of 150-200 in areas affected by drought under the Act Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREGA).
- The state government will pay all costs for the extra work 50 days.
- The government has already spent Rs. 802 crore under the scheme, while it has a target to spend more than Rs.2000 crores by the end of this year.
Note: The Centre had already approved this week an extra 50 days of work for the farmers and the workers under MGNREGA in areas affected by drought across the country.
For Cricket Control Board in India (BCCI) President Jagmohan Dalmiya died.
- Dalmiya took the reins of the BCCI for a second time in March, after a hiatus of 10 years, when he got a walkover in the elections. But he has been sick ever since, and his health had further deteriorated in recent weeks.
BCCI announced squads three T-20 international matches and the first three ODIs for the upcoming home series against South Africa.
MS Dhoni will lead India in the three T20s and three ODIs first against South Africa.
- T20Is: MS Dhoni, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Ajinkya Rahane, Ambati Rayudu, Stuart Binny, R Ashwin, Axar Patel, Harbhajan Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohit Sharma, Amit Mishra, S Aravind.
- First three ODIs: MS Dhoni, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Ajinkya Rahane, Stuart Binny, R Ashwin, Axar Patel, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Amit Mishra, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohit Sharma, Umesh Yadav.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.