Today (July 21) is the Belgian National Day.
Important details on Belgium
- Capital: Brussels
- Official languages: Dutch, French, German
- Monarch (King): Philippe
- Prime Minister Charles Michel
- Currency: Euro
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the national portal career guidance as part of an effort to modernize all employment exchanges run by the government.
- The portal aims to bring aboard some 20 million jobseekers already registered with employment exchanges across India.
- It also aims to bring 900,000 establishments and companies on the portal.
Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle India, GSLV-Mark III project aims to achieve the payload of four tons, including future manned missions, got a boost with the ISRO has successfully tested the first shot indigenous cryogenic engine high pressure over its duration.
Panchgaon, in Maharashtra, became the first Indian village to get free Wi-Fi.
Yakub Memon, the only convict on death row in the serial blasts case 1993 Mumbai, is ready to be hanged on July 30, with the Supreme Court on Tuesday refused to hear a plea against the death penalty.
Former Union Minister PK Thungon convicted by a Delhi court in connection with a case of fraud and corruption filed by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) 17 years back, after which they were detained.
An officer IAS 1981 batch Bihar frame, Bhanu Pratap Sharma has been appointed President of Food Standards and Safety Authority of India (FSSAI) with effect from 3 July 2015.
- Note: Sharma has been given that extra FSSAI for three months or until the appointment of a regular holder (Currently, it is the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Secretary of the Union).
Business & Economy
BRICS Bank / New Development Bank (NDB) started its Shanghai operations today.
Important points to note:
- The agreement to establish the NDB was signed by the member states of BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa – during the sixth summit of the group in Fortaleza, Brazil in July 2014.
- The main purpose of the new finance infrastructure to promote sustainable development in the BRICS states.
- Each BRICS member is expected to put an equal share by establishing start-up capital to $ 50 billion with a target of it reaching $ 100 billion. Besides the creation of the $ 100000000000 BRICS Development Bank, Member States have also introduced a currency reserve pool worth more than $ 100 billion.
- $ 100 billion NDB pool, called the arrangement Contingent Reserve (ARC), is designed to assist member countries when currency liquidity crises.
- Brazil, India and Russia will each contribute $ 18 billion the CRA.
- South Africa is set to $ 5 billion.
- China will be responsible for most of the CRA after contributing $ 41000000000 to the bank.
- President: Kundapur Vaman Kamath
The legend of the French Tennis Amelie Mauresmo inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) scrapped the 50-year-old Duleep Trophy due to the packed schedule in the domestic season.
In an attempt to experiment with the next domestic season, the Indian cricket board also amended the limited overs tournaments like Vijay Hazare Trophy and Deodhar Trophy.
About Duleep Trophy:
- The Duleep Trophy cricket competition is a first class played in India between teams representing geographical areas of the country.
- The tournament was started by the BCCI in the 1961-1962 season.
- The inaugural tournament was won by the West Zone who defeated South Zone in the final by 10 wickets.
- Five Indian teams area regularly take part in the Duleep Trophy – North Zone, South Zone, East Zone, West Zone and Central Zone.
- Duleep Trophy was once considered a tournament used for the selection trials.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly