The food inspectors ordered Nestle India recalled a batch of Maggi noodles stores across the country, claiming that the product contained dangerous levels of lead.
- Food security and Drug Administration (FDA) in Uttar Pradesh said high lead content was found during routine tests on two dozen packets of instant noodles, manufactured by Nestlé in India.
- The packets of instant noodles tested in the laboratory of State have been contaminated. They found a lead concentration of 17.2 parts per million (ppm), which is far beyond the permissible limit (0.01 ppm and 2.5 ppm).
- The scientists also found high levels of added monosodium glutamate (MSG), a flavor enhancer in noodles.
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi today gave its approval for the resumption of closed urea unit Fertilizer Corporation of India Limited (CFLI) in Sindri (Jharkhand) with an investment of Rs 6000 crores.
- This unit was extended late and has not been in operation since 2002.
- Note: There is no unity of functional urea in the eastern part of the country except two small units Namrup (Assam).
- The Union Cabinet also approved the establishment of a new ammonia-urea complex at Namrup in Assam at a cost of 4,500 crore rupees.
- Cabinet gives nod for amendments to the FDI policy to treat investment NRI, PIO and BC at par with the investments made by resident Indians.
Women and Development Minister Maneka Gandhi Children announced that the government will implement Nirbhaya centers across the country to help women in distress.
Day against terrorism being observed across the country today (21 May 2015).
- Purpose of this day is to educate and to wean people from terrorism and violence.
- It was on this day in 1991 that former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by the LTTE in the southern city of Sriperambadudr during an election rally.
- LTTE: Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam
Maharashtra government has decided to make the necessary changes in the Act of 1948 plants to allow women to work in factories in night shifts.
- The directions will ensure the safety of women working in the night shift.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of the state Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
- Note: Previously, Article 66 (1) (c) of the Factories Act, 1948 restricted women from working in a factory 7:00 p.m. to 6:00.
Smriti Irani HRD Minister announces cash rewards for parents and schools that would ensure education for girls.
The ministry will launch a mobile application in one or two months to allow anyone to freely download NCERT books.
US President Barack Obama appointed Akhil Amar, American professor of Indian origin from Yale University as a member of the prestigious National Humanities Council.
Science & Technology
For the moment fist, a fighter of the Indian Air Force Mirage 2000 (IAF) test landed on the Yamuna Expressway near Delhi as part of a drill for emergency landings on national roads .
- The IAF has considered the use of national roads for the emergency landing by fighter aircraft.
Science & Technology
The native developed supersonic air-to-air Astra was successfully fired Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft and tested for a very long range at the Integrated Test Range in Odisha on Thursday.
- On Wednesday, two missiles were launched Astra when the fighter was performing high g maneuvers in two separate trials.
- The Astra 3.8 meters wide can carry a warhead weighing 15 kg and intercept and destroy enemy aircraft at supersonic speeds in the modes of the head and tail-chase on.
- He has extensive destruction the first time the probability (SSKP) and can be launched from different altitudes.
Eminent economist, noted the educational advisor and Mrinal Datta Chaudhuri policy (81), who has bewitched generations of students and the Delhi School of Economics with lively lectures on a topic inspired arid appearance, has died.
- “MDC” as Professor Chaudhuri was popularly and affectionately known, studied with the Nobel Prize Amartya Sen in Shantiniketan and continued his studies at Presidency College Kolkata before completing his Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he studied under the legendary modern economics Paul Samuelson, including Dr. Chaudhuri personally considered “the greatest economist of the 20th century.”
Business & Economy
- State Bank of India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with e-commerce player Amazon to develop solutions for payment and commerce for consumers and small businesses.
- SBI Chair: Arundhati Bhattacharya
- Amazon India vice president and country manager: Amit Agarwal
Saina Nehwal Shuttler Indian Star Thursday took over the number one spot in the last BWF world rankings released Thursday.
Meanwhile, PV Sindhu lost a position to be on the 12th.
In men’s singles, K Srikanth maintained its fourth place. Even P Kashyap and HS Parnnoy also maintained their positions 13 and 15, respectively.
- Women’s Singles (Top 10)
- Saina Nehwal (India)
- Xuerui LI (China)
- Carolina Marin (Spain)
- Tai Tzu Ying (Chinese Taipei)
- Shixian WANG (China)
- Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand)
- Ji Hyun Sung (Korea)
- Wang Yihan (China)
- SUN Yu (China)
- Nozomi Okuhara (Japan)
- Men’s Singles (Top 10)
- Chen Long (China)
- LIN Dan (China)
- January O Jørgensen (Denmark)
- Srikanth (India)
- ITS Wan Ho (Korea)
- Chou Tien Chen (Chinese Taipei)
- Zhengming Wang (China)
- Kento momota (Japan)
- Viktor AXELSEN (Denmark)
- Houwei TIAN (China)
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly