Said the Indian government today, it proposed to transfer fertilizer subsidy directly to farmer’s accounts and provides a roadmap for the pilot project.
- The major challenge in the operationalization of this scheme lies in the identification of beneficiaries as farmers in many states the land records are neither accurate nor updated.
- Minister of State for chemicals and fertilizers: Hansraj Gangaram Ahir
According to data published by the States and Union Territories to the National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB), nearly one child disappears every 8 minutes in the country.
- An average of 60% of missing persons are girls and nearly 44% of missing children remained found.
- State Minister for Home Affairs: Haribhai Chaudhary Parthibhai
A construction management company based in New Jersey, Louis Berger International Inc., was accused of paying just under $ 1 million (over 6 crore at current exchange rates) in bribes for projects in Goa Guwahati
Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan launched Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan, a national campaign to create awareness and mass capacity for safe and hygienic food.
- The objective of this initiative is to raise the country on the theme of “food, safety and quality for all”
- The campaign planned by ICN and its partners, including the Consumer Voice Organization and the National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI) is an effort towards building a food safety culture in the country.
- Under the campaign, the nationwide awareness sessions on cleaning, hygiene and sanitation for safe food, walking marathons and media outreach programs for consumers, industries of street food will be organized across the country.
The Committee on Economic Affairs Office (CCEA) has approved a Ministry of Interior proposal to extend the deadline for the implementation of crime and criminal tracking network project and Systems (CCTNS) in March 2017.
- CCTNS, an ambitious online system will be a game changer in improving the police citizen interface and accelerate the delivery of public services by the police throughout the country.
- A central citizen portal with links to the citizens of the sites in the state would be created under it.
- The system will provide a number of services abiding citizens including police verification for passport, reporting a crime, liaison with UIDAI, National Register and basic data transport.
- The Lok Sabha was informed today that 14 states and union territories have already reached or exceeded the rate of 80 per cent literacy.
These 14 States,
- Daman and Diu,
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands,
- National Capital Territory of Delhi,
- Himachal Pradesh,
- Tamil Nadu.
- Awards and Recognition
- Candadian noted writer Naomi Klein won the American Book Award for 2015.
Pipavav Defence & Offshore Engineering Co Ltd (PDOC), now a part of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (RADA), has signed an agreement with JSC ship repair Zvyozdochka Centre, Russia, medium repair and certification of life in 877 -marins EKM India.
- Under the agreement, Zvyozdochka provide full technical assistance and support for the JV, including the improvement of infrastructure in pDoc facilities, training of engineers and others. pDoc technicians will also be closely associated with the first restoration to be performed in Russia.
- Note: Zvyozdochka is the first ship repair center in Russia, he undertook upgradation / renovation of more than 120 submarines and 90 warships.
India earned about USD 100 million launch 45 foreign satellites to date and the income of commercial space missions is poised to grow with another 28 foreign satellites scheduled to be launched into orbit between 2015 and 2017.
- So far, 19 countries 45 satellites were launched by ISRO and the income generated by the approximately 17 million USD 78.5 million (USD 85 million).
- Note: The government has sanctioned 15 small PSLV launchers worth Rs 3,090 crore which would be built during 2017-2020.
- Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh
Business & Economy
The Union Cabinet has given approval for the continuation of the subsidy scheme of interest to public sector banks (PSBs), commercial private sector banks, regional rural banks (RRBs), cooperative banks and NABARD for their afford to provide short-term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakh to farmers at 7 per cent per year during 2015-16.
- The Cabinet has approved a grant of additional interest of 3 percent a year for farmers who repay on time.
- The cabinet also decided to provide assistance to farmers affected by natural disasters, where interest subsidy of 2 percent will continue to be available to banks for the first year of the restructured amount.
- Note: For 2015-16, the target of agricultural credit has been increased to Rs 8,50,000 crore from Rs 8,00,000 in 2014-15.
In an effort to improve communication skills of referees, BCCI, under the Umpire Development Program has decided to organize a course for improving the English language skills.
- The course will be for the first batch of 20 referees by British Council Trainer from 23 July.
- The course was designed by the International Cricket Council (ICC) with the British Council and will be held at the headquarters of the BCCI in Mumbai.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly