The Taliban launched an attack against the Afghan Parliament.
- All six gunmen who attacked Parliament were killed and the shooting had stopped.
After 53 years, China opened the second land crossing to Tibet through Nathu La to allow the first group of Indian pilgrims who undertake the difficult Manasasarovar Yatra Kailash– in the last measure of confidence building between India and China.
- Note: The opening of the second route through the Himalayan pass of Nathu La in Sikkim, 4000 meters above sea level, was officially announced during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in China last month allow more Indians to undertake the pilgrimage.
The Centre has requested nine state governments to quickly implement the Forest Rights Act.
- This law aims to ensure that forest dwellers, including Tribes, get their rights on non-timber forest products and forest land.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs also asked the States to set up special cells to monitor the implementation and to set targets and timelines for the same.
These nine States,
- Bihar, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Uttarakhand, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand.
The central government will set up 100 national career centers across the country to increase the employability of young people.
- Note: Initially, two of these centers will be established in Lucknow and Ghaziabad.
- Union Labour and Employment Minister: Bandaru Dattatreya
Science & Technology
Defence PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has delivered ‘Orbiter Module Structure Craft “of Chandrayaan-2, the second lunar exploration mission to India, ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) Satellite Centre Bangalore.
- Chandrayaan-2, an advanced version of the previous mission, consists of an Orbiter configuration, Lander and Rover.
- Note: India had launched Chandrayaan-1 successfully October 22, 2008.
Awards and Recognition
Carnatic vocalist Sanjay Subrahmanyan was chosen for this year Sangita Kalanidhi 2015 prices.
Subrahmanyan (47) is one of the youngest to receive the prize.
Former captain of Indian women’s hockey Shashi Bala died with his son following a traffic accident in Punjab today.
- She made her international debut in 1987 and was a member of the national team to the World Cup 1998 FIH Women in the Netherlands.
- She was captain of the national team in the Women’s World Cup Qualifier 1997 FIH held in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- After his playing career, she has led the Indian hockey teams Railways and later become a Hockey Punjab selector.
- She was well known for his great role in bringing Indian women railway hockey at international level.
Nico Rosberg of Germany won the Grand Prix Formula One Austrian title (F1) World Championship.
Bangladesh historical record first win of the ODI series in India.
- Mustafizur Rahman became the first bowler to bag 11 wickets in his first two games.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) calls off proposed tour of India in Zimbabwe.
- The Indian board has opted out of the tour due to problems of diffusion and fatigue factor.
The world number two Roger Federer wins ATP title Gerry Bebar Open Halle for the 8th time.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly