Chinese President Xi Jinping and British Prime Minister David Cameron signed a number of investment agreements including one to fund nuclear power plants in Britain.
The agreement is the first major Chinese investment in a western nuclear facility.
General China Nuclear Corporation (CGN) will take a one-third interest in the £ 18 billion Hinkley Point nuclear power plant planned in southern England, controlled by EDF of France
Dussehra, the festival of victory of good over evil, celebrated across the country.
- Delhi observes its first car-free day today.
- The purpose of this day is to encourage people to use public transport.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid the foundation stone of the new Andhra Pradesh Amravati capital.
Nation remembers freedom fighter Ashfaqullah Khan (22th October 1900 – 19th December 1927) on his 115th birth anniversary today.
The Ministry of Urban Development has approved the first batch of action plans at the state level under Atal Mission for rejuvenation and urban transformation (Amrut) to allow the water supply by the standard and supplies water and sanitation connections to all urban households.
- Note: Apex Interministerial Committee chaired by Amrut Madhusudhan Prasad, Secretary (Urban Development) allowed planes worth Rs.2, 786.28 cr in this regard for 89 cities in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Rajasthan yesterday.
- This is the first time that the Ministry of Urban Development has approved the plans at the state level as opposed to the past practice of evaluating and approving individual projects.
The Ministry of Defence has divided the former naval Maharashtra and Gujarat areas in two separate seat.
- It was divided into two sub Flag Officer Maharashtra Area and Gujarat Flag Officer Naval Zone.
- This was done with the objective of strengthening the operational and administrative structure of the organization.
Business & Economy
In its first ever acquisition, Reliance Capital Asset Management (RCAM) today announced the resumption of mutual funds of Goldman Sachs global giant activities in India for Rs 243 crore in a cash transaction as another foreign player leaves Rs 13 lakh crore Indian MF market.
Awards and Recognition
President Pranab Mukherjee will tomorrow confer the Akademi Fellowships Sangeet Natak Akademi Sangeet Natak and Awards for 2014
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Scholarships (Akademi Ratna Sadasyata) Sangeet Natak Akademi and Awards (Akademi Puraskar) are recognized as the most coveted honors bestowed on national performers as well as teachers and researchers in the field of arts.
Books & Authors
Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani launched the autobiography of noted technocrat Sam Pitroda Dreaming Big-My Journey connect India.
Former Cabinet Secretary Alok Rawat was designated as the first male member of the National Commission for Women, filling the fourth seat in the body of five members.
- Two other members – Sushma Sahu and Rekha Sharma – were appointed to the Commission in August
India win 4th ODI by 35 runs against South Africa in Chennai.
SainaNehwal lost her world crown All England No.1 and world champion Spain CarolinaMarin
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.