Gujarat will become the first state in the country to launch “Policy Agri-Solar” to encourage farmers to use solar energy.
- This new policy will encourage farmers to exploit the sun’s energy, which will also help them to earn additional income from electricity production companies.
To increase security on trains, Indian Railways is to accelerate the process of installing CCTV cameras in 20,000 coaches at a cost of Rs 700 crore.
- The funds will be drawn for the installation of Nirbhaya Fund, which was established in the year 2013 after the gang rape incident in the national capital in December 2012.Anchor
Business & Economy
India gets its first private bank in 11 years with Finance Minister Arun Jaitley inaugurating
- “Bandhan Bank” as a complete real scheduled commercial bank today.
- Note: Bandhan Bank launched its operations with 501 branches in the country.
- The company, which started operations as a microfinance institution, received final approval from the RBI in June to launch commercial banking.
- President of the Bank Bandhan: Ashok Kumar Lahiri
- Founder Bandhan Bank: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
Nine members Internal High Powered Committee on RBI urban UCBS headed by RBI deputy governor R Gandhi, has recommended the conversion of Urban Cooperative Banks (UCB), which have a turnover of over Rs 20,000 crores into regular banks.
- The recommendation was made with the objective of allowing UCB to develop and further proliferate for financial inclusion.
AP Shah Committee on Alternative Minimum Tax (MAT) recommended the Ministry of Finance that the levy should not be imposed for the period prior to 1 April 2015.
- If this view is accepted, it would mean significant relief for foreign investor’s face several years of levies on capital gains made by them and solving a difficult problem for the government.
- Note: In the February budget, the government had exempted foreign portfolio investors (FPI) MAT from 1 April 2015, but had not made the retrospective clarification.
Former Australian Test cricketer Arthur Morris (93) died.
- Morris, an opening batsman, played 46 Test matches between 1946 and 1955 and was a key member of the Invincibles side of Don Bradman in their unbeaten Ashes tour of England in 1948.
- Morris considered Bradman as the best he had ever seen left.
Golfer Indian Aditi Ashok made history by becoming the first Indian to win the day stroke play championship golf Ladies British Amateur at Moortown Golf Club, Leeds (United Kingdom).
Jamaican runner Usain Bolt eclipsed American rival Justin Gatlin to retain his title in the 100 m world today.
- Bolt, also gold medalist and record holder double Olympic world in the case of blue ribbon, ran over a season 9.79 seconds.
Punjab University Patiala won the prestigious sports award Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for 2014.
- The trophy will be awarded to Univeristy of National Sports Day (29 this month).
About 4, 65,000 candidates appeared today for civilian preliminary examination services throughout the country.
- More than 2,000 websites in 71 centers were opened across the country to conduct the review.
- The review of civil service is conducted by the UPSC every year to select candidates for the prestigious Indian Administrative function (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS), and other services -a group.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly