Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves for a weeklong visit to Ireland and the United States.
This is the first visit of Prime Minister to Ireland in 60 years [Jawaharlal Nehru visited Dublin in 1956].
- At its first stage of the visit, Modi reached Ireland and had a delegation of high-level talks with his Irish counterpart Enda Kenny on a wide range of bilateral and multilateral issues, including information technology, the pharmaceuticals and clean energy.
- The two countries are in agreement on the direct air services to boost tourism.
- The focus of Ireland the visit of PM is to strengthen economic ties and contacts between people.
- In the United States, Modi will address the UN Summit to adopt the agenda after 2015 development, the summit of the leaders in peacekeeping and G4 summit.
India, Japan and US have agreed to hold the first trilateral ministerial meeting on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York next week.
The Union Cabinet today approved an agreement signed between India and Cambodia for bilateral cooperation in the tourism sector which aims to increase investment and promote the exchange of experience in marketing, development of destination and management in this area.
The Rajasthan Assembly has passed two separate bills. They are,
- Rajasthan Special Backward Classes Reservation Bill, 2015: The bill provides for the booking 5% to Gujjars and other communities under Backward Special classes (SBC)
- Note: Five communities know Banjara / Baldiya / Labana, Gadiya Lohar / Gadoliya, Gujar / Gurjar, Raika / Rebari / Debasi and Gadariya / Gadri / Gayari were included in this bill.
- Rajasthan economically backward classes Reservation Bill, 2015: This bill provides 14% quota for the economically backward classes (EBC) of reserved categories.
- Note: Both bills will exceed the legal limit of reservation in the state that the reservation under SC, ST and OBC categories will remain unchanged.
- Rajasthan Assembly also adopted the Bill prevention Rajasthan Vexation Litigation 2015 by a vote of the voice.
- The purpose of the bill is to prevent the filing of cases unfounded and to check the misuse of the law for personal benefits.
- With this Rajasthan became the fifth state in India after Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Goa to adopt such a law.
The Office of the Union approved the establishment of the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) as a corporation under the Act on registration of companies, in 1860.
- The ISLRTC will be under the protection of the Ministry of empowerment of persons with disabilities, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- It must be located initially at the Institute for Physically Handicapped, New Delhi.
Bombay High Court retains Maharashtra government to release water from Gangapur dam ‘Shahi Snaan’ (holy dip) of the Kumbh Mela that many parts of the state are facing drought.
Two ships of the Indian Coast Guard C-421 and Apoorva are controlled naval dock.
- ICGS Apoorva, 14th in the series of 20, is a long fast patrol boat 50 meters (FPV) that displaces 317 tons and can reach a maximum speed of 33 knots.
- C-421 is a powered vessel water jet 27 in the series of IB built by L & T Limited and can reach a maximum speed of 45 knots.
Ministry of Health of the Union today released the National Health Profile 2015, which provides comprehensive information on the health sector.
- The NHP focuses on the key information about the overall health status of the nation, funding, infrastructure and health human resources.
- Note: For the first time this document was published in e-book version (digital) into digital lines with India initiative.
- Health Minister: J P Nadda
Awards and Recognition
A Marathi film “Court” selected as the official entry from India to the Oscars next year.
- The film will compete in the category of best foreign film Oscar (Oscar), to be held next year.
- Directed by Chaitanya Tamhane
- Note: The film was the winner of the National Award for best feature film in March this year.
Lalita Prasida Sripada Srisai, a student of class IX of Odisha won the “Community Impact Award” at the prestigious Google Science Fair today in California.
PepsiCo Indra Nooyi President and Chairman Hindustan Times Group Shobhana Bharatia were presented with the Global Leadership Award 2015 of the India-US Business Council, for their commitment to conduct a more inclusive world economy and their roles as women leaders.
Business & Economy
Supplier of Uninor Telecom services today announced that it has renamed itself Telenor in India.
Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigned today to take responsibility for the rig of the German manufacturer of the US emission testing in the biggest scandal in its history of 78 years.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.