Today (24 September) is World Maritime Day.
- 2015 World Maritime Day theme: education and maritime training
Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches New York, during a 5-day visit to the US
He began his commitments in New York with a panel of financial industry with leading CEOs, including Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan and Peter Hancock AIG Insurance.
- The other members of the roundtable include Steve Schwarzman, CEO of Blackstone, Charles Kaye Warburg Pincus, Henry Kravis of KKR, Bill Ford General Atlantic, Chase Coleman’s Global Tiger and Vicki Fuller of the New York State Common Retirement Fund.
At least 717 people were crushed to death in a stampede outside Mecca and more than 850 wounded in the deadliest disaster on the annual pilgrimage to a quarter of century.
Union Health Min JP Nadda today inaugurated Celebrations 60th day All India Institute of Medical Sciences Institute in New Delhi
Business & Economy
At last India rich list by Forbes magazine published tonight industrial Mukesh Ambani was named the richest man in India for the ninth consecutive year with a net worth of $ 18.9 billion.
- Ambani was followed by Sun Pharma Dilip Shanghvi as the second richest with a net worth of 18 billion USD, while Azim Premji of Wipro has maintained its third place with 15.9 billion USD.
- E-commerce giant co-founder of Flipkart Sachin Bansal and Binni made their debut at the 86th position with a net worth of 1.3 billion dollars each.
Top 10 in the list
- Mukesh Ambani ($ 18.9 billion)
- Dilip Shanghvi (18 billion)
- Azim Premji (15.9 billion)
- Hinduja Brothers (15.9 billion)
- Pallonji Mistry (14.7 billion)
- Shiv Nadar (12.9 billion)
- Godrej family (11.4 billion)
- Lakshmi Mittal (11.2 billion)
- Cyrus Poonawala (7.9 billion)
- Kumar Mangalam Birla (7.8 billion)
US baseball player Yogi Berra, one of the greatest baseball deceased recipients.
Awards and Recognition
Hindi eminent writer Dr Kamal Kishore Goenka 24 was conferred with Vyasa Samman 2014.
- He was honored for his work ‘Premchand ki ka Kahaniyon Kramanusaar Adhyayan Kaal’.
National Cadet Corps (NCC) enters Limca Book of Records for the Largest Yoga performance simultaneously by a single uniformed youth organisation (NCC) at multiple venues on International Day of Yoga on 21 Jun 2015.
- Executive Director of SCC: Lt Gen A Chakravarty
Left leader Alexis Tsipras was sworn in as Prime Minister of Greece’s Syriza party after beat his conservative rival in Sunday’s parliamentary elections.
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly was elected new President of the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) after the death of the veteran director Jagmohan Dalmiya.
This day (September 24) celebrates Mangalyaan successful entry into the orbit of Mars.
- On this day in 2014, India successfully placed it is low cost Mangalyan ship in orbit around Mars.
- India is the first country in the world to reach Mars Orbit in the first attempt.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.