Switzerland has published the names of foreigners sought for tax evasion after requests from Russia, France, Germany, India and other countries.
- This will mark the end of the tradition of privacy Swiss bank, from the 1930s.
- The decision comes after the government of Switzerland has received formal requests from several foreign tax authorities.
- Note: The names of two Indians have been made public to date. Anchor
The Delhi High Court held that the General Directorate of Fight against Corruption city government (CBA) has “jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute” officials of the Delhi police.
- The court also dismissed the plea of a deposit of an agent of the head arrested on corruption charges by it.
Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa announces the development and welfare measures worth over 1,800 crore rupees, including improving roads and drinking water facilities and extension of aid to needy families headed by women.
- It approved five major projects such as opening more canteens AMMA ‘that provide subsidized food, housing for the poor and the establishment of reverse osmosis plants for drinking water.
In the context of governments Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh Maggi noodles implying a ban made by Nestlé, the Government of Karnataka too is considering moving laboratory tests on the food product.
The only dedicated TV Channel India DDKisan for farmers to be launched tomorrow.
- The 24-hour channel will air information on issues related farmers.
Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert sentenced to 8 months in prison for illegally accepting money from a supporter of the United States.
Olmert served as prime minister of Israel from 2006 to 2009.
Home appliances manufacturer Whirlpool announced today that it has appointed Sunil D’Souza General Manager of its operations in India.
The 2015 edition of the Indian Premier League ended yesterday night (24 May 2015).
Mumbai Indians won the title for the second time in the last three years.
Check out the important details you need to know about IPL 8 here.
Business & Economy
The government has authorized 21 direct investments (FDI) foreign deals worth Rs 280.70 crore.
- The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), however, deferred 12 proposals including that of Kotak Bank, Mumbai to increase the limit of the total foreign investment in the bank to 55 percent.
- Arun Jaitley Minister of Finance suggested today to come out with several steps of extracting black money, but assured honest taxpayers that they should not fear the new law to find the missing wealth stashed in abroad.
- About 10 lakh employees from 43 banks, including public sector banks, will get an increase of 15 per cent of wages, with the Association of Indian banks today the signing of a wage agreement with unions and employers’ association’s frameworks.
- The revision is applicable retroactively from 1 November 2012, benefit employees and agents in 43 banks including public sector banks, old private sector banks and some foreign banks.
- The increase of 15 percent would come at a cost of Rs. 4,725 crore.
Largest private lender ICICI Bank India has launched a service where customers can conduct transactions by simply using their voice, without using other means of authentication as a password.
- The voice recognition service authenticates clients according to their modes of expression and allows them to perform banking transactions through the bank’s call center.
- Over 33 million customers of the savings bank and credit will be able to use the service.
China, the largest producer of the world’s gold, has set up a gold sector funds involving the countries along the ancient Silk Road, which is expected to raise $ 16.1 billion .
- The fund, managed by Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE), is expected to raise about 100 billion yuan ($ 16.1 billion) in three phases.
- This is said to be the “largest fund” set up by China.
- Note: China is the largest producer of the world’s gold, and also a major importer and consumer of gold.
Awards and Recognition
The 68th Cannes Film Festival held in France.
- French director Jacques Audiard Golden Palm bags Dheepan the drama of refugees.
- See the complete list of winners from here Careers
The CBSE said the results of the review of the 12th class today afternoon.
- The results were uploaded to websites www.results.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in and cbse.nic.in.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly