South and North Korea reached an agreement in the negotiations to ease tensions in the last crisis in the peninsula.
- The agreement comes after North Korea expressed regret over a mine explosion that injured two South Korean soldiers this month.
- In return, South Korea will stop anti-North propaganda broadcasts at noon on Wednesday.
- The two countries also agreed to work for a resumption of meetings next month for families separated by the 1950-1953 Korean War.
To provide health care facilities in rural areas, the government today launched “Sehat“, a telemedicine initiative with Apollo Hospitals.
- Under this scheme, people in rural areas can consult doctors also order online and generic drugs.
- This service was launched by Communications and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
Government will soon extend the benefits of the pension Atal Yojana (from APY) through post offices across the country to attract more people into its scope.
- Note: Currently, the system is implemented by banks.
NITI Aayog will set up an expert group to prepare a “law of the land lease” model that can be adopted by States according to their local needs.
- NITI Aayog VP Arvind Panagariya
The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India (RGI) released the 2011 census data
- Population by religious communities.
- Hindus represented 96.63 crore or 79.8 per cent of the total population of India 121.09 crore in the 2011 Census, followed by Muslims and Christians.
Population of religious communities: the total population in 2011 was 121.09 crores
- 63 crores Hindus (79.8%)
- 22 crore Muslims (14.2%)
- Christian 2.78 crores (2.3%)
- 08 crore Sikhs (1.7%)
- 84 crores Buddhists (0.7%)
- Jain 0.45 crores (0.4%)
- Other Religions & Persuasions (ORP) 0.79 crores (0.7%)
- Religion Unspecified 0.29 crores (0.2%)
The population growth rate in the decade 2001-2011 was 17.7%.
The rate of population of different religious communities in the same period growth was:
- Hindus– 16.8%
- Muslim– 24.6%
- Christian– 15.5%
- Sikh- 8.4%
- Buddhist– 6.1%
- Jain– 5.4%
Important Points To Note
The statement said the proportion of Hindu population to the total population in 2011 decreased by 0.7 percentage points (pp)
- The proportion of the Sikh population decreased by 0.2 PP and Buddhist population decreased by 0.1 PP during the decade 2001-2011.
- The proportion of the Muslim population to the total population increased by 0.8 PP during this period.
- There was no significant change in the proportion of Christians and Jains.
Veteran actor-director Amol Palekar was appointed Chairman of the Oscar jury of India, which selects the country’s official entry in the category of best foreign film of the 88th Academy Awards.
Justice Madanlal Laxmandas Tahaliyani, a retired judge of the Bombay High Court, was today sworn in as new Maharashtra lokayukta.
Former Bihar Chief Minister Ram Jiten Manjhi today resigned as members of the Legislative Assembly of Bihar.
- He also resigned from the primary membership of JD (U).
- After the resignation of Chief Ministership, he floated Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM), which was recently recognized as a political party by the Election Commission.
Business & Economy
The Centre will organize Mega Credit camps September 25, 2015 2nd October 2015 to distribute loans to small entrepreneurs under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, so that maximum number of borrowers could obtain credit according to their needs in three categories loans.
- Important Note: Banks will pay about Rs 1.22 lakh crore loan to small business units under Pradhan Mantri of MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) during the current financial year.
Important points to note about PMMY:
- The program was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April.
- Three products are available under the PMMY Shishu, Kishor and Tarun to mean the stage of the needs of the beneficiary or contractor micro unit growth and financing.
Sports / Awards and Recognition
Government announces Dronacharya Awards, Dhyan Chand Awards and Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar for this year.
Dronacharya Award 2015
- Anoop Singh – wrestling coach
- Harbans Singh – track coach
- Naval Singh – para-sports coach Athletics
- Nihar Ameen – swimming coach
- Raj Singh Swatantar – Boxing trainer
Dhyan Chand Award 2015
- T P.P Nair – Volleyball
- Shiv Prakash Mishra – Tennis
- Romeo James – Hockey
Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar 2015
- Directorate General of Military Training (DGMT)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- State police in Haryana
- Sports coaching Foundation (SCF)
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly