PM Narendra Modi launches Smart Cities Mission, says Centre committed to urban India
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday unveiled three mega flagship schemes designed to develop the towns and villages are “new engines of growth“.
- The three projects – 100 smart cities Atal Mission for rejuvenation and urban transformation (AMRUT) and housing for all – will ring in a new urban era, resulting in an investment of over Rs 3 lakh crore in the next five years.
- The Smart City project seeks to improve the quality of life in 100 cities with 24 hours water and food, world-class transport system, better education and recreational facilities, e-governance and the friendly atmosphere of the environment, among others. The Smart City project will be based on the PPP model, Naidu said.
- AMRUT aims to ensure basic infrastructure for 500 cities with a population of over one lakh. Ensure water supply to each household, sewer connections, sanitation and solid waste management, the provision for roads and public transport next to the implementation of reforms in urban governance would focus under the regime.
11 Indian firms in Forbes Asia ‘Best under a Billion’ list
- As many as 11 Indian companies including Avanti Feeds Ltd BSE 0.37% and 0.11% Borosil glass Works BSE are ranked among the 200 companies in the Asia Pacific “Best Under A Billion ‘list Forbes
- The list covers public companies with annual revenue of $ 5 million to $ 1 billion, Forbes said, adding that they should also have a positive net result, and should be publicly traded for at least one year.
- Companies in mainland China and Hong Kong (84) and Taiwan (36) dominated the list this year, representing 60 percent of the 200 largest listed companies in the Asia-Pacific region.
- With 11 companies, India was ranked fourth on the list, after South Korea with 17 companies in the coveted list.
State Bank of India appoints Anshula Kant as CFO
- State Bank of India (SBI) announced Thursday the appointment of Anshula Kant as its chief financial officer (CFO). Kant has been appointed as the Deputy General Manager and CFO of the bank, SBI said in a filing to the BSE.
- She joined SBI as a probation officer in 1983 worked in different departments of the bank. Prior to his appointment, PK Gupta was moved to CFO. Gupta SBI Capital as CEO.
- Kant has been appointed as the Deputy General Manager and CFO of State Bank of India.
India leads FDI in South Asia, with 34 billion investment in 2014
- India led regional inflow of foreign direct investment (FDI) in Southeast Asia represents $ 34 billion in 2014 and the upward trend should continue this year also, according to a UN report which placed China as the largest FDI recipient in the world.
- “FDI inflows in the country (India) jumped 22% to about 34 billion dollars” to improve its position in the top 9 countries welcome FDI in 2014, on his rank from 15th in 2013, the World Investment Report 2015 UNCTAD said.
- India is likely to maintain an upward trend in 2015 as the economy ground recovery gains.
Union Cabinet gives nod to rename SECI Renewable Energy Corporation of India
- Union Cabinet gave a sign renaming Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) the Renewable Energy Corporation of India (RECI).
- Apart from this decision, the Union Cabinet also gave permission SECI to convert to Section 3 Company by applying to the Registrar of Companies (ROC) from a company under Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013. This decision will help SECI or entity renamed RECI.
- SECI is a non-profit corporation under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. It was created in 2011 as an institution facilitating and implementing dedicated to the solar industry. Runs: the aegis of Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, its goal is to develop solar technologies and ensure the development of inclusive solar power throughout India.
Zaheer Abbas appointed ICC President
- The former captain of the Pakistan cricket team Zaheer Abbas has been selected the new president of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a term of one year.
- It will be the 13th president of the CCI and succeeds Mustafa Kamal of Bangladesh, who resigned from his position as President of the ICC in April 2015.
- The decision in this regard was taken during the ICC Annual Conference week in Barbados. Zaheer Abbas was a right-handed batsman. He had played 78 Tests and 62 one-day internationals (ODIs) in his 22-year illustrious career from 1969 to 1985. He scored 5,062 points and 2,572 career Test points ODI career. He also represented Pakistan in three World Cups in 1975, 1979 and 1983. He was also captain Pakistan in 14 Tests and 13 ODIs games. In his career he scored 108 centuries.
- He was the only Asian batsman to score 100 first class centuries and was also the first batsman to score three consecutive centuries in ODIs.
Axis Bank launches debit card with enhanced security features
- -0.11% Bank BSE Axis has launched a debit card with enhanced security features to attract more customers to cashless transactions, which would also reduce the operating costs of the bank.
- The card dubbed as secure + offers three key features, which come at a cost of Rs 300 per year. “This product should become the primary debit card to the bank to offer.
- While you can disable or re-enable card with the touch of a button on mobile Axis Bank, you can also block Axis Bank or other bank cards kept in a portfolio that is lost.
- Customers can now block all cards in his / her portfolio with a simple phone call. Either intimate Axis Bank on other details of the card in advance or may be the same after your portfolio is defeated. The card also offers protection against fraud subject to a maximum limit of Rs 75,000.
Inderjeet Singh Jinson Johnson won gold at Asian Athletics Grand Prix
- Inderjit Singh and Jinson Johnson India June 23, 2015 by bags of gold during the first round of the Grand Prix Athletics Asia in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Inderjit won gold in the shot put, throwing 19.83 meters while Johnson won the gold medal in the 800 meters event with a time of 1: 48.52.
- It was the second gold medal in an international event Inderjeet in June 2015, after winning the shot put event at the Asian Championships in Wuhan, China 3 June 2015.In the first step, India has won a total of eight gold medals that included 2, 1 silver and 5 bronze medals.
R Ashwin breaks into top 10 rankings for ODI bowlers
- Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin jumped two places to 10th position in the ranking melon ICC released today.
- Ashwin, who bagged six wickets in the three ODIs against Bangladesh, was the best wicket-taker for India in the series of three matches just concluded against Bangladesh and is also the only Indian to feature in the list top 10.
- Bengal medium pacer Mohammed Shami, who missed the series, which was the first bilateral loss of India in Bangaldesh (1-2), due to injury is the only other Indian bowler in the top-20 the 12th position.
- In the table stick, Virat Kohli topped the list of the Indian player to fourth position Shikhar Dhawan opening, which was the first run-getter in the series with a cumulative score of 158, dropped to seventh place.
- Dhawan remains well clear of skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who occupies the place in the table of eight led by AB de Villiers of South Africa.
- Suresh Raina also improved his ranking by two places to 18.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly