The Bangladesh government has now banned radical Islamist group Ansarullah Bangla team to attack and kill writers and secular bloggers.
The Interior Ministry on Monday issued a gazette notification banning the group that has been active since 2008.
- The ministry also asked the Ministry of Information to take the necessary measures to spread the news.
- Note: Ansarullah Bangla team is the sixth such illegal organization for militant and anti-state activities in the country.
The other five are banned earlier:
- Hizb ut-Tahrir,
- Jama’atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB)
- Harkat- ul Jihad Bangladesh (HUJI)
- Jagrata Muslim Janata Bangladesh and
- Shahadat-e Al-Hikma.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be on a two-day visit to Bangladesh beginning 6 June 2015.
- The visit is the first Prime Minister of Bangladesh and reflects the importance attached by India to the bilateral relationship.
Important details on Bangladesh
- Capital – Dhaka
- Currency – Taka
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
- President – Abdul Hamid
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched the farmer-centric channel Doordarshan – DD Kisan.
- Launch of the channel on the first anniversary of his government, Modi said that the agriculture sector has been “neglected” and it was necessary to make the sector “dynamic“.
- 24×7 channel will focus mainly on programs for the agricultural sector and rural India.
- The information about the weather will also be available on the channel.
- Note: The channel tie with IMD, IARI, agricultural universities, Krish Vigyan Kendras etc.
- Prasar Bharati Chairman: A. Surya Praskah
- Minister of Information and Broadcasting: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
The government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has completed one year in office today.
- It was on May 26 of last year that the (NDA) of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance government was sworn in after a massive election victory Lok Sabha.
Government appointed Manoj Mishra as President and CEO of state-run National Fertilizers Limited (NFL).
- Mishra, currently serving as Director of Finance for the State Trading Corporation (STC), is likely to take charge of the CMD fertilizer company this week.
- Lt General (retd) Nirbhay Sharma was sworn in today as the Governor of Mizoram.
- He is the eighth Governor of Mizoram after the state governor Vakkom Purushothaman then resigned on July 12 last year in protest against being transferred to Nagaland.
- Note: General Sharma, former Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, has been transferred and appointed Governor of Mizoram, 12 May 2015 President Pranab Mukherjee, replacement of West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi who took additional charge of Mizoram.
Science & Technology
The State Talangana Secunderabad station became the first to get the WiFi facility in the South Central Railways.
- The Minister of Labour Union Bandaru Dattatreya launched Wi-Fi services.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
Industrial Yashovardhan Birla, Chairman Sayed Mohamed City Limousine Masood and his wife Kauser Chand Mohamed Masood are among five Indian nationals with Swiss bank accounts whose names were published in the Official Gazette of Switzerland with regard to tax probes underway in India.
- The other two are Gurjit Singh Kochar, brother-son of the late baron Ponty Chadha Realty and business woman based in Delhi Ritika Sharma.
- Note: Yesterday, Sneh Lata Sawhney, wife of CEO Tires Bhushan Lal Sawhney Sawhney and Sawhney Sangita were appointed.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly