3rd India-Africa Forum Summit begins today in New Delhi.
- Heads of state and representatives from all 54 African countries
- This is one of the largest gathering of African Nations outside Africa.
- The top of four days will address the key challenges faced by Africa, which includes food, health and security environment.
- India hopes to create conditions that stimulate the flow of trade and investment between India and African countries.
- Note: This will be the biggest summit in New Delhi will host since the NAM summit in 1984.Anchor
A strong 7.5 magnitude earthquake rocks Pakistan and Afghanistan this afternoon, killing at least 150 people.
- The earthquake also shook northern India with tremors that lasted nearly a minute.
Today is the National Day of Austria.
- On this day in 1955, Austria declared permanent neutrality after World War II and returned to a status of independent and sovereign nation.
- President – Heinz Fischer
- Capital – Vienna
- Official language – German
- Currency – Euro
Vigilance Awareness Week was observed from today (October 26) to October 31, 2015.
- Theme of the Vigilance Awareness Week 2015: “preventive Vigilance as a tool of good governance“.
The Ministry of Law and Justice has reported that the Act to amend the Delhi High Court Act, 2015, which received the assent of the President August 10, 2015, was put into effect from today.
- This law provides for the improvement of the monetary jurisdiction of district courts of Delhi from Rs. 20 lakh to Rs. 2 crore.
- Note: The latest revision of the monetary jurisdiction of district courts in New Delhi was made in 2003 when it was raised from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 20 lakh…
The NDRF, fighting force of disaster mitigation elite of the country, has tied up with about 30 PSUs in order to develop mutual understanding and to build capacity to address jointly artificial or natural emergencies.
- NRDF – National Response Force Disaster
Geeta, the dumb Indian woman living in Pakistan after crossing the border accidentally there are more than a decade, arrived in India today.
Underworld gangster Chota Rajan, one of the most wanted criminals of India who was on the run for nearly two decades, was arrested in Bali by Indonesian police today.
Noted Bengali actor Pijush Ganguly, who was seriously injured in an accident last week, has died.
- Ganguly has acted in several films critically acclaimed, including Aparna Sen-directed Goynar Baksho and Autograph Srijit Mukherjee.
Irish-American actress Maureen O’Hara stars died.
- She starred in the famous film “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” Miracle on 34th Street, The Parent Trap, The Quiet Man opposite John Wayne.
A siren warning system for tsunamis newly installed has been tested successfully in Mumbai today.
- The siren and a digital e-card is part of an early warning system in case of issuance of a tsunami threat in the Indian Ocean region.
- In case of threat, seven tsunami buoys with sensors will record the height and speed of waves and will alert the monitoring center in Hyderabad.
Abhishek Verma in the history of the World Cup Final Archery by becoming the first Indian silver medal wins in the compound
Indian Deepika Kumari Archer also won the silver medal at the World Cup Archery in Mexico City.
- This is his fourth silver medal in 5 years.
Mercedes Lewis Hamilton won his third Formula 1 World Championship to become the second British driver after Sir Jackie Stewart to achieve the feat.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.