G4 Summit Highlights
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hosted a special summit called high power G4 Summit in New York.
- The G-4 is very special to India because the summit was hosted by India for the first time in over 10 years (after 2004)
- The G4 nations including Brazil, Germany, India, and Japan are four countries that support the submissions of each other for permanent seats on the UN Security Council.
Leaders of the G4 countries:
- Indian PM Narendra Modi
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff
In this summit, the G4 countries stressed their “legitimate candidates for a permanent seat” in an enlarged Council and reformed UN Security and supported the candidacy of another.
- Permanent Representative of India to the UN: Asoke Mukerji
PM Narendra Modi met with top Fortune 500 CEO. Some names are important,
- Tesla CEO – Elon Musk
- Apple CEO – Tim Cook
- Microsoft CEO – Satya Nadella
- Google CEO – Sundar Pichai
- CEO of CISCO – Chuck Robbins
- CEO of Qualcomm – Steven Mollenkopf
- Adobe CEO – Shantanu Narayen
- Aecom CEO – Mike Burke
- PepsiCo CEO – Indra Nooyi
The government has set up Jharkhand Food Security Act which aims to provide subsidized food grains to about 80 percent of the population of the state.
Important points to note:
- The scheme would cover 51, 70,159 total number of families and especially 2, 33, 40,832 persons have been identified for rice at Re 1 per kg per head.
- As many as 37, 37,609 people in the list are Antyodaya.
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand: Das Raghuwar
- In a significant development, the Gujarat High Court ruled that in the case of Muslim girl’s minors, prohibition of marriage law children, 2006, prevail over the provisions of Muslim personal laws.
Assam Govt sanctions Rs 850 cr to implement development programs to benefit 76 lakh people.
- The Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi
Guangzhou Open in 2015
The world number one team of Sania Mirza (India) and double as Martina Hingis (Switzerland) women out and beating Xu Shilin You Xiaodi.
- This is their second WTA title in a row
- They have now won six of the 13 events they have played since joining forces in March – Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Wimbledon, US Open and now Guangzhou.
Manipur Governor Dr Syed Ahmad (75) died.
- Note: It has been moved from Jharkhand in Manipur this May.
CBI has registered corruption case against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
- Singh is facing allegations of corruption and acquiring assets disproportionate during his tenure as Minister of the Union of steel.
Troubled automaker Volkswagen is caught in a fraud scandal emissions appointed Matthias Mueller, head of the unit of the Porsche group, to be the new CEO
The 50-hour countdown for the launch of Astrosat, the first satellite dedicated to India to study astronomy began at 8 am today (September 26) at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikotta.
- Astrostat will be launched at 10:00 on September 28 2015.
- The satellite will be put into a low-earth orbit by Equatorial polar launch vehicle PSLV-C30 satellites.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.