Today (27th October) is World Day for Audiovisual Heritage.
This commemorative day was chosen by UNESCO in 2005 to raise awareness of the importance of risk and conservation (TV programs and films, sound and video recordings, radio and audio) registered and audiovisual materials.
- Theme 2015: “Endangered Archives: protect the world Identities“
Today is 24th Day of Independence of Turkmenistan.
- It became independent with the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
- Capital – Ashgabat
- President – Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow
- Currency – Turkmen new manat
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) recent report, processed meats – such as bacon, sausages and ham – does cause cancer.
- Its meat 50g report said transformed a day – less than two slices of bacon – increases the risk of developing colorectal cancer by 18%.
The Maharashtra government today withdrew the controversial circular on the Law of Sedition, which says that the charges may be imposed on any person who, by words, signs or visible representation, or critical elected politicians belonging to the Government.
The government today released the first ever Atlas Hindi book on indigenous “Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM)” of India.
Business & Economy
The government today put up a high level committee to suggest simplification of tax laws, a report that could be the basis to tinker with the retroactive application of the controversial tax.
- The 10-member panel, led by former Delhi High Court Justice RV Easwar, was invited to present a preliminary report by January 31, just in time to incorporate suggestions that need legislative approval in the budget for 2016-17.
Swiss food major Nestle processed resumed making Maggi noodles at three of its facilities and India will hit the markets after obtaining the food analysis laboratories permissions.
Railways today received Rs 2,000 crore Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), the first tranche of financial support for investment in 50 construction projects of new lines and electrification of routes as part of its program capacity increase.
- Note: Railways signed an MoU with LIC in March this year for a Rs 1.5 lakh financial assistance crore over the next five years for the construction of new lines and electrification track . There is a five-year moratorium on interest and loan repayment
The International Olympic Committee announced that athlete’s refugees will be allowed for the first time to take part in the Olympics next year.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.