Today (27th September) is World Tourism Day.
- The purpose of this day is to raise awareness on the role of tourism in the international community and to show how it affects the social, cultural, political and economic worldwide.
- The celebration of World Tourism Day was launched by the United Nations World Tourism (UNWTO) for the year 1980.
- This date was chosen as on that day in 1970, the Statutes of the UNWTO were adopted. The adoption of these Statutes is considered a milestone in world tourism. Anchor
Themes Tourism World Days:
- The theme for 2010 – “Tourism and Biodiversity”.
- The theme for 2011 – “Tourism Rapprochement of Cultures”.
- The theme for 2012 – “Tourism and energy sustainability.”
- The theme for 2013 – “Tourism and Water: Protecting our common future.”
- The theme for 2014 – “Tourism and Community Development”.
- The theme for 2015 – “Millions of tourists, millions of possibilities.”
Today (last Sunday in September) is the World Day of the Deaf.
- World Day of the Deaf is celebrated every year on the last week (last Sunday of September) in September to attract the attention of public authorities in general, politician and development to the achievements of Deaf people and the community Deaf.
International Week of the Deaf 2015
This year the International Week of the Deaf in 2015 took place from 21 to 27 September 2015.
- Theme of the International Week of the Deaf in 2015: with man in sign language, our children!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has interacted with top CEOs and business leaders in Silicon Valley.
PM Modi met,
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella,
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai
- CEO and co-founder of Google Larry Page Alphabet (the holding company Google)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg,
- Apple CEO Tim Cook
- Executive Chairman of Qualcomm Paul E. Jacobs,
- CEO John Chambers CISCO
- Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk
- Qualcomm announced 150 million US dollars for innovation in Indian startups.
- Google announced that it will help India set up base for Wi-Fi to 500 railway stations.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg changed his Facebook profile picture Indian tricolor sports to support the digital India.
Social reformer Raja Ram Mohan Roy (May 22, 1772 to 1727 September 1833) Death birthday today.
- He was the founder of the Brahmo Samaj.
- He is best known for his efforts to establish the abolition of the Hindu funeral practice of sati.
- overnment free entry to 116 national monuments such as the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar on World Tourism Day.
- Union Minister of Tourism: Mahesh Sharma
- Centre launches medical tourism and the Council of Welfare on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
- The Council was formed to exploit the potential and advantages that India has in the field of medical tourism and wellness.
At the World Tourism Day, Gujarat government announced a new tourism policy for the year 2015-2020.
- The government for the first time decided to give industrial status for the tourism sector would help the sector to receive more benefits and government funding.
- The policy also aims to give employment to 20 lakh people in this sector until 2025.
Haryana government decides to increase the economically weaker student’s quota of 10% to 25%.
To counter criticism on members of Parliament to decide their own salaries, the government proposed to set up a remuneration committee of three independent members, which would recommend salaries and other allowances for legislators.
Former Prime Minister of Nepal and Maoist senior leader Baburam Bhattarai resigned as MP amid differences with the main Nepalese political parties over the promulgation of the new Constitution.
- Bhattarai has also resigned from the CPN Maoist unified party to form his own political outfit.
More successful cueist Pankaj Advani of India added another feather to its cap by winning the World Championship snooker IBSF 2015 by outplaying Peter Gilchrist of Singapore.
Air Gun 2015 Asian Championship begins in New Delhi.
Beijing Olympics champion Bindra wins a gold medal.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.