China led the development bank AIIB organizing a signing ceremony
- China hosted the Asian Bank signing ceremony of the investment infrastructure (AIIB), a new international financial institution established to compete with the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
- Delegates from 50 countries signed articles which determine the share of each member and the initial capital of the bank.
- The AIIB, which was established in October by 21 countries, led by China, will finance energy projects, transport and Asian infrastructure.
- The AIIB start with an authorized capital of $ 50 billion (€ 31.8bn), possibly be increased to $ 100 billion. China will hold a 30.34% of what makes it the largest shareholder of the bank, Reuters quoted the Ministry of Finance of China as saying.
J Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- First phase of the service Chennai Metro was inaugurated by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa of Tamil Nadu after scoring off the inaugural train.
- The first phase of Metro service covers the stretch of 10 km in the lead (high). It connects Alandur in southern Chennai Koyabedu in the north.
- The metro service will increase the capacity of 1276 passengers with four coaches. It will cover seven stations of the section. They Koyambedu, Arumbakkam, Vadapalani, Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus, Ashok Nagar, Ekkattuthangal.
- Corridor 2 or second phase of the metro linking Chennai Central and St. Thomas Mount is will be ready by the end of 2015. The entire project is implemented by Chennai Metro Rail Limited (LRMC). It was approved by the UPA government then led by the Congress in 2009.
India, Thailand sign several agreements, including double taxation avoidance treaty
- India and Thailand on Monday signed a number of important agreements, including the double taxation avoidance treaty and exchanged instruments of ratification of the extradition treaty signed in 2013, which provides the legal framework for seek the extradition of fugitive offenders.
- The tax treaty provides the framework to avoid double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes to promote bilateral economic cooperation.
- The last day of his three-day visit, the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj co-chaired the 7th meeting of the India-Thailand Joint Commission for Bilateral Cooperation.
- The extradition treaty signed between the two countries in 2013 provides the legal framework for seeking the extradition of fugitive offenders, including those involved in terrorism, transnational crimes, economic crimes, etc.
President conferred Punyabhushan Price on Prataprao Pawar
- President Pranab Mukharjee 26 June 2015 conferred Punyabhushan Price on Prataprao Pawar, president of Sakal Media Group (SMG) to Balgandharva Auditorium in Pune.
- Pawar is the recipient of the 27 Punyabhushan and its name was chosen for the award by a committee headed by scientist Raghunath Mashelkar. In addition, the President also welcomed five freedom fighters veterans in the function.
- The Punyabhushan (Pride of Pune) will award consists Tridal, Pune is announced each year by the Foundation Punyabhushan March 23 to commemorate the memory of the Indian revolutionary martyrs Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru.
- It is awarded to an eminent personality in the field of art, music, culture, science, industry, social services, or sports in the city of Pune Maharashtra, India. The award is a prize of remembrance and cash 1 lakh rupees.
Transcendence: My spiritual experiences with Pramukh Swamiji written by Abdul Kalam
- Paper Transcendence: My spiritual experiences with Pramukh Swamiji written by former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and Arun Tiwari was released on June 15 2015.
- In transcendence, authors Dr Kalam and Arun Tiwari mapped a journey of self-realization reflected in the eyes of Pramukh Swamiji, painting a delicious fusion of spirituality, science and leadership.
- His candid vignettes (literature) of life on the center stage of Indian technology and mission of the company, Indian politics and world affairs are closely linked to revelations of a deep connection with Swamiji.
- Pramukh Swamiji Maharaj, one of the most inspiring spiritual figures of modern times and the fifth spiritual successor of Bhagwan Swaminarayan, is the heir of gurus Gunatit listening to the early nineteenth century, a legacy. Pramukh Swamiji became a friend of the eleventh President of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
Bajaj Allianz launches weather-based crop insurance
- Private insurer Bajaj Allianz has launched a crop insurance program based weather for the orange crop in Nagpur, Hingoli and Washim districts of Maharashtra.
- The insurance policy based on an index will cover the losses incurred by fruit farmers orange due to the difference in weather conditions and has been approved by the central government and the state, a company statement issued here said.
- The company also launched an awareness campaign about the program in three districts.
- The losses would be assessed on the basis of pre-defined length of leaves and approved by the government and real weather data received from an automatic weather station installed in each block approved these districts.
Topalov won the title
- A quick draw, but frustrating for Viswanathan Anand Veselin Topalov proved enough to claim the title in Norway Chess 2015 in Stavanger, Norway, on Thursday.
- All expectations of a thrilling battle for the title between the two main players in the elite field came to naught when Topalov managed a safety position under the Gambit Declined Queen.
- But the greatest result of the surprise of the competition, Jon Ludvig Hammer eclipsed world champion Magnus Carlsen in the battle between two original player.
Jwala Gutta 8, Ashwni Ponappa double win women’s title of Open Badminton tournament of Canada
- Jwala Gutta Indian pair and Ashwni Ponappa won the women’s doubles title Open Badminton tournament in Canada.
- In the final match played in Calgary, Canada, they defeated the Dutch pair of Eefje Muskens and Selena Piek in straight games 21-19, 21-16. It is their first title this season.
- Michelle Li of Canada won the women’s single title, beating Imabeppu Kaori of Japan 21-17 25-23 score in the final match.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly