China will ease family planning restrictions to allow all couples to have two children, abandoning its decades-long one-child policy, according to a communiqué issued today by the ruling Communist Party.
- The restriction was introduced in 1980 as a way to curb the population and limit demands for water and other resources.
- Note: The controversial policy restricted most couples to only a single offspring, and for year’s authorities argued that it was a key contributor to China’s economic boom.
India and Africa Forum today adopted a Delhi Declaration 2015 and India Africa Framework for Strategic Cooperation at the conclusion of third Summit in New Delhi.
- The Delhi Declaration-2015 called for continued collaboration in the fields of peace and security.
It also spoke of strengthening of UN counter terrorism mechanism and enhancing cooperation and coordination to combat terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
The India Africa Framework for Strategic Cooperation reaffirmed strong commitment to work together for a comprehensive Reform of the United Nations system, including its Security Council, to make it more regionally representative, democratic, accountable and effective.
The US Senate has passed Cyber Security Legislation to facilitating sharing of cyber-attack threats.
- The Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) is a controversial measure to encourage businesses and government agencies to share information related to malicious hackers and their methods.
India and France have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to conserve, develop and publicize written heritage at the National Library in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The MoU will assist a programme on digitization of old manuscripts and documents which had begun in France 7 years ago.
Indian Railways will launch Vikalp scheme from 1st November.
- Under the scheme if a passenger gives option of journey by another train, he will get the facility.
The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Launches The “E-Sahyog” Pilot Project of The Income-Tax Department to Facilitate Taxpayers to reduce their need to physically appear before tax authorities.
The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to provide 33 percent reservation to women in government jobs.
Akhilesh Yadav, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, has sacked eight ministers and taken away the portfolios of another nine as he prepares for a major reshuffle on the weekend. Mr Yadav is planning to induct several new faces, sources said.
Top Lashkar commander from Pakistan and mastermind of BSF convoy attack Abu Qasim killed in an operation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Lord Gulam Noon, one of Britain’s most prominent Indian-origin peers and “curry king” of the UK, passed away today at the age of 79.
- Mumbai-born Lord Noon founded the 200-million pounds Noon Products business which is credited with Britain developing a taste for “chicken tikka masala”.
Latest Committees in News
Union Government has constituted a committee to simplify the provisions of the Income Tax Act (IT), 1961 under the Chairmanship of former Delhi High Court Judge, Justice R.V. Easwar.
Books & Authors
President Pranab Mukherjee received the first copy of a book ‘Indian Family Business Mantras’ today at Rashtrapati Bhavan from M. Venkaiah Naidu, Union Minister of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs, who formally released it.
- The book is co-authored by Mr. Peter Leach and Mr. Tatwamasi Dixit.
Business & Economy
Telecom Regulatory Authority asks mobile operators to ready their systems to compensate consumers for call drops from January next year.
Senior IRS officer Najib Shah was today appointed as Chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), apex body on Indirect Taxes.
- Shah will have tenure till March 11, 2017, when he attains the age of superannuation–60 years.
Top pair of Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis registers win in the 2nd round robin match for WTA Finals at Singapore.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.