The government plans to establish a regional center for South Asian intelligence coordination to curb financial flows “illegal”, and once it is operational, it will enable countries of South Asia to connect with ‘ other countries.
- This platform will initially consist of the founding members – Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka, apart from India – and later he would be open to the inclusion of other countries or international organization as decided by the founding members, based on shared concerns.
India and Indonesia signed today two agreements in the fields of renewable energy and culture and discussed possibilities of expanding cooperation in the fight against terrorism and the defense.
- Vice President of India – Hamid Ansari
- Vice-President of Indonesia – Jusuf Kalla
To protect the endangered Olive Ridley sea turtles that arrive during winters for nesting, the Orissa government has imposed a ban on the seven-month fishing along the coast.
- The ban will be in effect from November 1 to May 31, 2016.
- Endangered olive ridley sea turtles arrive every year during winters for mass nesting Rushikulya river mouth and Gahirmatha marine sanctuary.
Note: The restriction was imposed pursuant to the Act of Odisha Marine Fishing (OMFA).
The Delhi Metro has become the first metro service in the country to be certified with the prestigious International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Evaluation of effective energy management.
Brijlal Mohan (92), founder and president of Hero MotoCorp and dean of the Indian two-wheeler industry, has died.
- He began his career by setting up a small shop in Amritsar in 1945 with his three brothers to sell bike parts.
- Today, Hero MotoCorp is the world’s largest manufacturer of two-wheelers, making about 6.5 million units from several places in India.
First Guinness World Records holder Odisha Keshab Swain, famous for the establishment of several national and international issues in the coconut green break with the elbow, head and knee, broke his own today Guinness World Record breaking 92 green coconuts with his elbow in 60 seconds.
- Note: The previous record was 85 green coconuts.
Business & Economy
In 2015 annual Prosperity Index by international think tank Legatum Institute based in London, Norway stood at the top position. Singapore leads in the Asian region.
Top 10 Territories to the list
- Norway (Score – 3504)
- Switzerland (Score – 3337)
- Denmark (Score – 3272)
- New Zealand (Score – 3246)
- Sweden (Score – 3224)
- Canada (Score – 3186)
- Australia (Score – 3088)
- Netherlands (Score – 3046)
- Finland (Score – 3013)
- Ireland (Score – 2974)
Captain Krishna Swaminathan today assumed charge as the second INS Vikramaditya commander, great aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy.
- The ship, commissioned in Severodvinsk in Russia November 16, 2013 if commanded by Captain Suraj Berry.
Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland defeated former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova in three sets to win his first WTA final in Singapore.
- Note: In case of double Sania Mirza (India) with Martina Hingis (Switzerland) claimed ninth title by beating Garbine Muguruza of Spain Carla Suarez Navarro and.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.