In Malaysia, thousands of demonstrators gathered in Kualalumpur for the second day demanding resignation of Prime Minister Najib Razak on a financial scandal.
- Note: Najib is fighting for his political survival after the disclosure document showed that in July received some $ 700 million in his personal accounts of entities related to the funds of the State liable 1MDB.
As a consumer friendly initiative, the Oil Ministry has launched a program SAHAJ for online dissemination of new LPG connections for consumers.
About SAHAJ Scheme:
- With the help of this program, applicants can now apply online for new LPG connections and they need not to visit the LPG distributors for her.
- SAHAJ facility will allow potential customers to post online request for a new connection deposition know Your Customer, KYC form, uploading photos and bank account details. After the presentation, the customer will receive the registration number to know the status of the connection. The customer can opt for the online mode or offline payment for connection. Coupon email subscription will be sent to the client and the physical delivery of the gas cylinder, regulator with hose pipe will be made by the distributor.
- The regime has also been launched in twelve other cities like Bhubaneswar, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Pune and Patna.
- This scheme will be extended to other parts of the country in the near future.
- The Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas: Dharmendra Pradhan
Government consider introducing 2 kg LPG cylinder in mountainous and remote areas of the country:
Government identifies 305 cities and villages across nine states for implementation Housing Scheme for all with a total investment of over two lakh crore.
Cities and towns are selected
- Chhattisgarh (36 cities / towns)
- Gujarat (30)
- Jammu and Kashmir (19),
- Jharkhand (15), Kerala (15)
- Madhya Pradesh (74)
- Odisha (42)
- Rajasthan (40) and
- Telangana (34).
- Important point to note: As part of the “Housing for All” initiative of the central government, named Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, June 25 this year, two crore homes are targeted to be built for Urban poor areas by 2022, coinciding with 75 years of independence.
Awards and Recognition
OFFICIAL Indo-Tibetan Border Police and mountaineer Jot Singh was honored with the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure in by President Pranab Mukherjee.
Singh, who was undertaken expeditions with border guard force for a long time, has been honored with the award at the presentation ceremony of the National Awards games held at Rashtrapati Bhavan yesterday.
Senior Writer Kannada and former Vice Chancellor of the University of Kannada Dr.M. Mr. Kalburgi was shot at Dharwad in the morning today.
- The 77-year epigraphist Kannada and renowned scholar of literature Vachana Kalburgi was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award and Nrupatunga Pampa award for his contribution to Kannada literature.
IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Beijing
Jamaica wins gold in men’s 4×100 relay event.
Mare Dibaba of Ethiopia won the marathon women.
Wrestler Anil won the gold medal in the 50 kg freestyle to give India its second medal at the World Championship of Cadets, to be held in Bosnia.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly