Indian Railways, Indian Army among the largest employers in the world: the study of WEF
- Two Indian organizations, armed India and Indian Railways are among the largest employers in the world. It was revealed in a study published by the World Economic Forum (WEF). Both organizations employ about 2.7 million people together.
- ndian Railways have been placed in 8th place with 1.4 million employees, while the Indian army was placed in 9th place with 1.3 million employees in the list of the largest employers in the world.
- US Department of Defense: It is the largest employer in the world with over 3.2 million employees.
- People’s Liberation Army (PLA): the Chinese army is the second largest employer with 2.3 million employees.
Bharti Airtel becomes the third largest mobile operator in the world
- Sunil Mittal-led Bharti Airtel became the third largest mobile operator in the world with 303 million subscribers.
- With operations in 20 countries, Bharti Airtel, which is present in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa, “has become the third largest mobile operator in the world in terms of subscribers,” said the in a statement.
- Citing the latest data published by the World Cellular Information Service (WCIs) he says Airtel has over 303 million mobile subscribers across its operations and moved to a position in the world rankings.
- China Mobile, according WCIs, is the top mobile operator in the world with 626.27 million subscribers. Vodafone Group UK is second with 403.08 million subscribers.
IDFC appoints former CAG Vinod Rai as independent director
- Infrastructure finance company IDFC today appointed former Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) as an independent director.
- The appointment was made effective immediately.
- Rai has also worked as a secretary for financial services. He was director of several boards, including the State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank and Life Insurance Corporation of India.
Ghani Afghan prez appoints first female judge to the Supreme Court
- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has appointed a female judge to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in an unprecedented move that has angered some Islamic conservatives.
- Anisa Rasouli, head of the Association of Afghan women judges and a former judge of youth, was the only woman appointed to the bench of nine members following the announcement has been delayed due to opposition by a group of Islamic conservatives earlier this month.
- The wife of President Ghani Rula went into the limelight during the presidential election last year and has actively campaigned for women’s rights since.
- Nadia district in West Bengal won the 2015 Prize of the UN Public Service
- Nadia district in West Bengal, won the United Nations Public Service Award for 2015 in the category of improving the delivery of public services for the disposal or open defecation in the neighborhood.
- The award was presented by the Acting Secretary General of the Lenni Montiel UN District Magistrate of Nadia Zilla Parishad Sabhapati Nadia in Medellin, Colombia.
- It was a collaborative effort with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the World Bank with the state government and local governments.
- The program was launched in 2013. In one and a half years, toilets were constructed in 5 lakh households and over 200 cluster toilets in public places.
HDFC Bank launches ’30 -min self ‘, ’15 -min 2-wheels “loans
- Second largest private sector lender HDFC Bank Country Monday launched ’30 -min self ‘and ’15 -min 2-wheels “loan schemes, for which customers need only provide their biometric details.
- The 30-minute car loan is available for HDFC Bank customers and others. With this technology-enabled solution, loans for two-wheelers can be approved within 15 minutes
- Anyone wishing to receive a loan can walk into a car dealership or other points of the tactile bank and provide the Aadhaar card number and fingerprints, he said.
Rahul Agarwal is Lenovo India MD
- Major technology Lenovo said Monday that it has appointed Rahul Agarwal as Managing Director of its operations in India with immediate effect.
- Amar Agarwal succeeds Babu, who will now take a regional mandate as COO, Asia Pacific and President, Lenovo India.
- Rahul Agarwal support at a time when Lenovo is preparing for its next phase of growth, diversification beyond the PC in smart connected devices while maintaining a strong target PC
- Adelaide Oval will host first day-night Test cricket
Australia and New Zealand will play first day-night Test cricket in Adelaide from late November.
- The test, running 27 November to 1 December, will feature pink balls that Cricket Australia chief James Sutherland believes held up Test match play.
- The test is one of six at home for Australians – three each against New Zealand and the West Indies – 5 November until January 7.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly