President Pranab Mukherjee is visiting five days to Sweden and Belarus
Visit Sweden (May 31, 2015 2nd June 2015)
- In the first stage of his visit, Mr. Mukherjee will arrive in Sweden, where he will meet King Carl Gustaf, Prime Minister and President Stefan Lofven the Swedish Parliament.
- During this visit, the two countries should sign agreements on urban development, academic, health and in the field of micro, small and medium enterprises.
Important points to note:
- Sweden is the third largest trading partner of India.
- This is the first visit of an Indian President in Sweden
- Purpose: The purpose of this visit is to strengthen political ties, long-term economic and cultural Sweden with India.
Visit Belarus (2nd June 2015 to 4 June 2015)
- Mukherjee will travel to Belarus from 2nd of next month.
- He will be accompanied by a high level delegation of parliamentarians and representatives of the business sector and education.
- The themes of the visit: Innovations and sustainable development with a focus on urban development, science and research and a focus on life sciences.
At least 71 people were killed in the northern province of Aleppo in Syria by the barrel bombs dropped from government helicopters today.
- The bombs dropped by helicopters, are among the most lethal and inaccurate weapons used by government forces and are reported in many parts of the country every day.
In a landmark decision, the US removed Cuba from its list sponsor of state terrorism, paving the way for the normalization of ties frozen since half a century and the removal of additional sanctions against the communist country.
- The move eliminates a major obstacle to the resumption of diplomatic relations after 54 years of hostilities.
- This change allows Cuba to conduct banking in the United States, among other activities.
The government today approved a pact on coastal shipping between India and Bangladesh to facilitate faster and cheaper freight movement between the two nations.
- The advantage of this deal is that transportation costs will go down and improve the use of port capacity between the two countries.
- It will also contribute to the decongestion of roads especially in land measuring stations / checkpoints integrated with the Indo-Bangladesh border.
On this Day (May 30), the first Hindi newspaper Udant Martand (The Rising Sun) was published from Calcutta, India in the year 1826.
The Union Cabinet today gave its approval to the re-enactment of the controversial Land Acquisition Ordinance.
- The order of the earth will be issued for the third time.
- The ordinance was enacted for the first time in December last year to amend the 2013 Act Despite being passed in Lok Sabha, the government did not take it to the Rajya Sabha because he lacked numbers.
- The order was re-enacted in March this year and will expire on June 4th
- The recommendation of the Council of Ministers of the Union will be sent to President Pranab Mukherjee for his approval.
The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was informed of the formation of a committee to propose different programs to be undertaken by the different ministries and the states to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the birth of Dr. B. R Ambedkar.
- The activities and celebrations will aim to spread the thoughts and ideas of Dr. Ambedkar and will be undertaken under the chairmanship of Prime Minister.
- Note: This year marks the 125th anniversary of the birth of Dr. BR Ambedkar, who is also known as the architect of the Constitution of India.
- The contribution of Ambedkar in the social sectors, political and economic is huge and it is considered one of the main founders of modern India.
On the lines of ‘Bharat Abhiyan Swachh “Government Centre, the Maharashtra government has launched’ Swachhata Saptapadi ‘regime.
- Grants received by municipal councils and societies of the Finance Committee 14 will be linked to the successful implementation of the plan.
- Actor Aamir Khan (brand ambassador of Bharat Abhiyan Swachh) attend the opening ceremony as a guest with the Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Minister of State for UD Dr Ranjit Patil.
“Jai Ho,” a documentary based on the life of music maestro AR Rahman, was screened at the White House in Washington.
The film, directed by Umesh Aggarwal, traces the career of professional and personal life of the composer of the Oscar and Grammy music.
Business & Economy
State Bank of India has launched an online application that will allow customers to apply for home, car, education and personal loans online.
- Customers will get instant e-approved filling in the online form.
- Subsequently, the bank officials will communicate with customers and fulfill all loan formalities.
- The bank also plans to launch a similar application on the mobile platform soon.
- SBI Chairman: Arundhati Bhattacharya
Fares for the first class and AC classes in passenger trains plus transportation costs will increase by 0.5 percent from 1 June 2015 as a new service tax comes into effect.
- Note: Currently, 3.7 percent service tax is levied on train tickets for AC class, First Class and freight. This will go up to 2 percent from June.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
The All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA) has called for a nationwide strike on June 24 in support of various demands of the State Bank Employees Association Sector (of SSBEA).
Sepp Blatter re-elected FIFA president for a fifth term.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly