The highest mountain in North America, Mount McKinley (20,000 feet), is to be renamed.
- For over a century, this mountain was named after the 25th US president, William McKinley.
- Now, in honor of Native Athabascan people of Alaska, who had always called “Denali“, US President Barack Obama is changing back.
India will host the 3rd Summit of the India Africa Forum in Delhi in October this year to strengthen its political, economic and diplomatic relations with the African continent.
- The five-day event will take place from October 26th to 30th 2015.
10th World Hindi Conference (WHC) will be held from 10 to 12 September 2015 Bhopal by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conference and Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan will be the guest of honor, the last day of the conference.
- External Affairs Minister: Sushma Swaraj
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has issued special recording digitally restored today epic Ramcharitmanas, as a set of digital CD produced by All India Radio (AIR).
Law Commission recommended the abolition of the death penalty for all crimes other than terrorism-related offenses and war against the state.
- Commission President: Justice A P Shah
Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed senior IAS officer (Rajasthan frames) as Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi Union home today.
He will replace incumbent LC Goyal who took voluntary retirement early today, just months after being appointed to this position.
- Note: Rajiv Mehrishi became the third Secretary of the Interior to be appointed by the Modi government in the past year. Mr Goyal Mehrishi replaces L. C.,
- In 1978 batch IAS officer, M. Mehrishi was to retire as Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs today.
Awards and Recognition
Whistleblower bureaucrat Sanjiv Chaturvedi and founder of the NGO Goonj Anshu Gupta Magasaysay conferred the Award for the year 2015.
Ramon Magsaysay full stock 2015 (announced July 29, 2015)
- Anshu Gupta – India
- Sanjeev Chaturvedi – India
- Kommaly Chanthavong – Laos
- Ligaya Fernando – Philippines
- Kyaw Thu – Myanmar
Business & Economy
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) largest lender State Bank names of countries of India (SBI) and the largest private domestic systemically important banks ICICIBank lender (D-SIB).
- This decision will put them under stricter control to avoid collapse.
- Note: SIB are perceived as the banks that are “too big to fail”
- SBI Chairman – Arundhati Bhattachary
- ICICI MD & CEO – Chanda Kochhar
Public lender Indian Bank launched IndPay, a mobile application service that enables its customers to manage bank accounts from anywhere, at any time.
- IndPay can be used by smartphones compatible with Android, iOS and Windows Mobile operating systems.
- Customers can make transactions such as surveys, make statements and mini transfer funds to an account.
- Indian Bank MD and CEO: M K Jain
US Open 2015, the fourth and last Grand Slam of the season starts today.
- Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Marin Cilic to play their first round matches today.
About the US Open 2015:
- This is the 135th edition of the US Open, the fourth and final Grand Slam event of 2015.
- Founded in: 1881
- Instead Aura: The August 31, 2015 September 13th 2015
- Location: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, New York
- Earnings: $ 42,253,400
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly