Government canceled the registration of the Non-governmental organization (NGO) Greenpeace India under the Foreign Affairs Act Regulation (FCRA) on the Contribution of for allegedly working against the country’s economic progress
- The movement will be ineligible NGOs receiving foreign funding that could force it to stop operations.
Delhi High Court allows permanent commission for women in the Indian Navy.
- This means that women can now stay with the Indian Navy until they retire.
- Note: The Army and Air Force allow permanent commission for women, but the Navy has limited women officers’ only short service charge of 14 years.
Business & Economy
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today released a commemorative coin and a circulation coin in honor of former President of India Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Note: The commemorative coin is Rs 125 and Rs 10 circular room.
About Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Mr. Radhakrishnan was the second President of India, educator, teacher and philosopher.
- World Teachers’ Day is celebrated in memory (its Birth Day – 5th September).
- Note: Tomorrow is its 125th anniversary.
18 crore bank accounts were opened under Pradhan Mantri in Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) and 15.74 crore debit cards Rupay were issued to account holders so far.
- Over 22 thousand crore rupees were deposited in bank accounts since the start of the program.
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) provides compensation to consumers for calls drops.
Awards and Recognition
Indian American Pulitzer Prize winner of Jhumpa Lahiri has been selected for the prestigious National Humanities Medal in 2014.
- This award will be presented to her by President Barack Obama next week.
About National Humanities Medal:
- He is an American award that gives annual recognition to several persons, institutions or groups that have contributed to the deepening of understanding of the nation humanities.
- These medals are usually awarded by the President of the United States.
- The first National Humanities Medal was awarded in
- Since then, there have been 175 beneficiaries, 163 individuals and 12 organizations, including this year.
Previous price Jhumpa Lahiri:
- Pulitzer Prize in 2000 (Interpreter For diseases)
- Man Booker Prize (for the lowlands)
- National Book Award for fiction (in the lowlands)
Books & Authors
Cricketer Rahul Dravid today launched the book by former Indian opening batsman Akash Chopra “The Insider.“
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly