The Australian Minister for Defense Kevin Andrews is on a 3-day visit to India.
- Today he held talks at the level of delegation with his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar.
- The two ministers agreed to deepen their bilateral defense partnership by taking a series of new initiatives, including the establishment of a joint working group on research and defense material cooperation and focusing on the links maritime security in the Indian Ocean region.
- It was also decided that India will participate in the first year ever with air Australia.
Sumitra Mahajan Lok Sabha President is in New York to attend the 10th annual meeting of the Presidents of Parliament and of the Fourth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament.
The Foreign Minister of the UAE, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan is on a visit to India.
- He came to India to attend the 11th meeting of the India-UAE Joint Commission for Economic and Technical Cooperation, which is co-chaired by EAM.
- During the visit, the two sides agreed to elevate their relations to a comprehensive strategic partnership by identifying new areas of cooperation.
- Signed India and the UAE today five MoUs in different fields.
- Two of them are in the field of telecommunications.
- MoU are remaining in the area of tourism, higher education and scientific research, specifications and measurements.
- Important Note: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently visited the UAE after nearly 34 years, which was the first visit by an Indian prime minister after 1981.
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the celebrations of Diamond Jubilee
Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC de) Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi today.
- EEPC is the leading trade organization and the promotion of investment in India.
- It is sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India and responds to the Indian engineering sector.
As an advisory body, it actively contributes to the Government of India policy and acts as an interface between the engineering industry and the Government.
- Founded in 1955, EEPC India now has a member base of more than 12,000 of which 60% are SMEs.
The area of West Central Railway became the first zone of the Indian Railways to eliminate all railway unguarded level of his system.
- Of a total of 118 unmanned level crossings falling on west central railway until 1 April 2014, 80 were eliminated during the year 2014-15 and the target of 66 and the remaining 38 were made in the current financial year by 31 August 2015.
India will launch a second satellite remote sensing multispectral Indonesia to help the country to monitor land use, natural resources and disaster mitigation.
- The locally manufactured satellite LAPAN A2 / Orari is a successor to LAPAN A1 / TUBSAT, which was also launched in India in 2007.
- The satellite will be delivered to India tomorrow to be launched in the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
- LAPAN A2 / Orari function as a tool to monitor land use, ship movements, the resources of the sea and fishing explorations.
- The satellite will be in orbit around the Earth along the equator at an altitude of 650 km and traveling at 7.5 kilometers per second – allowing it to circle the Earth 14 times a day.
Business & Economy
The government has extended the deadline to file the tax return from one week to September 7.
- The earlier date was August 31
- Sharpening focus on infrastructure development to stimulate growth, the government will invest Rs 8.5 lakh crore in Indian Railways to change the face of the sector, Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha said today .
Chinese President Xi Jinping has announced that the Liberation Army 2.3 million people strong, will be reduced from three lakh troops.
- The Office of the Union authorized the repayment of Rs 113 crore losses pulses imported between 2006-11 by four government agencies – NAFED, MMTC, STC and PEC.
- Cabinet also approved the import of 5,000 tons each Tur and Urad Dal by MMTC for retail distribution to consumers of September 5.
The government announced today that it has notified the merger of commodity futures market regulator Commission (FMC) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- As of September 28, Sebi would also regulate the derivatives market for commodities.
- Note: The Minister of Finance had Arun Jaitley Budget 2015 announced the merger of FMC with Sebi.
In Sri Lanka, the Tamil National Alliance leader R. The Sampanthan was unanimously elected as the leader of the opposition in Parliament.
The logo of 2020 Tokyo Olympics was scrapped after allegations that he has been plagiarized.
Asian boxing championship:
Satish Kumar Indian Boxer between semis over 91 kg weight category held in Bangkok.
- In the process Satish assured a medal and also became the fourth Indian boxer to book a place in the World Championship.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly