- Iran has partially lifted the ban on women attending sports matches of the men, a few days after a court pardoned Ghoncheh Ghavami, an Iranian-British woman, who had been imprisoned for protesting against the law.
- India will host the fifth meeting of health ministers of SAARC in New Delhi April 8, 2015.
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. JP Nadda, will chair the meeting of health ministers of SAARC.
- Other participants in the meeting are,
- Mr. Feroz Firozuddin, Minister of Health, Government of Afghanistan
- Mr. Zahid Maleque, MP, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Government of Bangladesh
- Lyonpo Tandin Wangchuk, Minister of Health, Royal Government of Bhutan
- Ahmed Zuhoor, Minister of Health, Government of Maldives
- Khaga Raj Adhikari, Minister of Health and Population, Government of Nepal
- Ms. Saira Afzal Tarar, Minister of State for national health services, regulation and coordination, Government of Pakistan
- Dr. Rajitha Senaratne, Minister of Health and Indigenous Medicine, Sri Lankan government Anchor
- Note: The 4th meeting of health ministers of SAARC held in Maldives in April 2012.
- Before the meeting of Ministers of Health,
- the 7th meeting of the Panel of SAARC on HIV / AIDS
- 5th Meeting of the Technical Committee of SAARC health and population and
- 5th Senior Officials Meeting of SAARC (Health Secretaries) will be held during 6-7 April 2015.
Pedro Cateriano Bellido appointed Prime Minister of Peru
- Pedro Cateriano Bellido was appointed Prime Minister by the President of Peru Ollanta Humala.
i i. It will replace Ana Jara, who had lost a vote of confidence and was sacked by the Peruvian Congress amid corruption allegations.
About Pedro Cateriano Bellido
- Prior to this appointment, he served as Minister of Defense of Peru and was appointed in July 2012 Cateriano, occupation is a lawyer and specializes in constitutional law.
- He was a member of the Peruvian Parliament from 1990 to 1992. Cateriano had also served as Deputy Minister of Justice from 2001 to 2002. He also teaches law at the University of Lima.
FM Global has published Global Index Resilience 2015 Report
- The index provides a powerful insight to help business leaders to target their investments to more reliable yields and protect their customers against unexpected disturbances.
i i. Of the 130 countries and regions assessed Norway tops the list in terms of the company’s resilience and Venezuela finally arrived.
iii. The index used nine basic drivers that are classified into three factors: the economic productivity, quality, risk and supply chain to assess the resilience of businesses surveyed countries or regions.
- The position of India in the index
- India was placed at the 119th position in the index compared to 2015 she got 112th rank in the index in 2014.
- India is ranked in the 115th position in the category Economic productivity that takes into account the per capital GDP, political risk and intensity of the oil. This rank is the same as in the Index 2014.
- In the factor of risk quality, India is placed at the position of 109th 113th in 2014, which took into account exposure to natural hazards, the quality of risk management of natural disasters and quality the management of fire hazards.
- In the category of the supply chain, which takes into account the control of corruption, Infrastructure and quality of local supplier, India has improved its ranking from 100th position in 2014 to 89th position.
- Christian community in India and around the world celebrated Easter with religious fervor
- and enthusiasm today.
- Delhi Government has revived the anti-corruption assistance reduce corruption in government offices.
- Inaugurating the number of the department in 1031, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal said, the new service will be used by people to complain if they are harassed for corruption by government officials.
- The hotline is a renewal of the service the AAP government launched earlier in his visit 49 days after the election of the Assembly 2013.
- A group of volunteers was formed to run the 24/7 hotline and assist calls in English and Hindi.
- The executives will also direct callers on how to conduct undercover operations.
- All calls will be divided into two categories – serious and non-serious.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav announced the merger of six parties Janata Parivar.
These parties are,
- Janta Dal (U),
- Janta Dal (S),
- Indian National Lok Dal &
- Samajwadi Janta Party (Chandrashekhar).
6 parts under a flag and a symbol will fight election in the country.
The Government is currently considering blocking mobile taxi-hailing applications of Uber, Ola and TaxiForSure throughout the country, with the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (deity) seeking views of the Department of Transport for the even.
The Delhi government had asked DEITY to block these applications, but the ministry found technically impossible to do so for a particular state, and thus, it sought “competition” for the Department of Transportation all over India running.
It is technically impossible to block an application only in Delhi and enforcement can not be done at national level.
K.N. Tripathi sworn in as Governor of Mizoram
- West Bengal and Bihar Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi have taken additional charge of Mizoram.
i i. He was sworn in as the 16th Governor of Mizoram April 4, 2015.
iii. Justice Michael Zothankhuma Gauhati High Court administered oath of office to him at Raj Bhavan in Aizawal.
- Tripathi has been given additional charge of Mizoram Union government had sacked after then Governor Aziz Qureshi.
Malli Mastan Babu, ace mountaineer dies in India
- Malli Mastan Babu, one of the best climbers of India died. His body was found in the Andes between Argentina and Chile after his death March 24, 2015 during an expedition to Cerro Tres Cruces Sur.
i i. Babu was considered the fastest “7 summiteer” which is the fastest climber to climb the peaks of all seven continents of India.
iii. In 2006, he was famous across seven summits of the world in the record 172 days.
- He was the first Indian climber to summit the highest peak in Antarctica, Mount Vinson. It was also the first person in Andhra Pradesh to scale Mount Everest.
- Babu native of Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh and 2000-2002 was an IIM Kolkata faint. He also has a degree from IIT Kharagpur.
Science & Technology
- The physics research center CERN scientists of Europe today renewed their “Big Bang” Large Hadron Collider (LHC), to embark on a new attempt to solve some mysteries of the universe and look for “material black. “
- The machine had been closed for two years for an overhaul.
- Hopes for the second term lie to get out of what is known as the “Standard Model” of how the universe works at the level of elementary particles, and “new physics”.
- This includes the search for dark matter that makes up about 96 percent of the substance of the universe, but can not be detected by its influence on visible matter such as galaxies and planets.
CERN – European Council for Nuclear Research (European Council for Nuclear Research)
The Crime Branch-CID of the Tamil Nadu police arrested the former Minister of Agriculture SS Krishnamoorthy in connection with the suicide of a senior engineer in Tirunelveli S Muthukumarasamy February 20.
- World number one Serena Williams lifts the Miami tournament title for the eighth time.
- She beat Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain to claim his third consecutive title.
- It was 66th singles trophy Serena.
- It is sixth overall, first in the list is Martina Navratilova with 167 titles.
- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis to play doubles in the final of women in Miami tonight Tennis Open.
- Hockey Tournament 24th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Men starts in Ipoh, Malaysia today.
- The Indian team, which is already assured of a place in the Rio Olympics __gVirt_NP_NN_NNPS <__ next year, begin their campaign against Korea today.
The game ended in a draw.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly.