India and Mozambique today agreed to deepen cooperation in new and renewable energies.
- The two sides signed a memorandum of understanding on expansion of cooperation in the energy sector.
- The agreement was signed during the official visit of the President of Mozambique Filipe Nyusi
- Note: Filipe Nyusi is on the official visit of India 4-8 August 2015.
In Madhya Pradesh at least 31 killed, 72 injured as two trains (Kamayani Express & Janta Express) derailed at the same location on a submerged bridge in the district of Harda.
- Railway Minister: Sureshp Prabhu
Jharkhand government allows Office against Corruption (ACB) to stop ministers, MPs and senior officials in corruption cases without permission of the authorities concerned.
In Jammu and Kashmir, security forces captured a Pakistani militant (Mohammad Naved) and kill another following a terrorist attack on BSF convoy in the Udhampur district.
- Two staff BSF also killed in the operation.
- The terrorists, wearing military fatigues, attacked a bus in the BSF convoy Narsu nullah near Samroli.
- Note: Naved became the second Pakistani militant to be captured alive during an operation after Ajmal Kasab, the 26/11 attacker who was later convicted and hanged to death for the Mumbai carnage that left 166 dead.
The Committee on Economic Affairs Office (CCEA) today gave its approval for the direct release of wages to workers under the Act on the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREGA) for a better implementation by and empowerment of States.
Union Cabinet clears the long outstanding demand for a row, a pension for retired judges of the High Court
- According to the bill proposed by the Ministry of Law, it is proposed to rectify an anomaly where the judges selected from the bar lower pension than those raised legal services of the State with more years of service.
Taking the example of the campaign of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to refuse the grant of LPG the Haryana government will launch a program called Thari Pension Thare Pass’ inspire people to voluntarily surrender the pension social security.
- Under this scheme, people would be inspired to give up the social security pension modeled on the system set up by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to give up the LPG subsidy.
- The money saved through this would be used for the development of the state.
The assembly adopted unanimously Bihar Public Service Grievance draft 2015 law, which would ensure time bound redressal of grievances of ordinary people in the state.
- The bill makes it compulsory for all public authorities to appoint officers to redress grievances.
- It also provides for the establishment of a public grievances redressal commission and a penalty to a grievance redressal officer or agent concerned for failure to provide the services.
- Note: Earlier, the Bihar government launched the Law for the bill, which provides for fines on public officials who do not do the work of people within the prescribed period, to check rampant corruption and red-tapism in the state.
MAST largest Asia telescope was inaugurated in the solar observatory Udaipur in Rajasthan.
Important points to note:
- MAST: Multi Application Solar Telescope
- The mast is located in Udaipur Solar Observatory reporting to the Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), an autonomous unit of the Department of Space.
- The project was under by Union Ministry of Science and Technology and was funded by the Department of Space (DoS).
- The telescope was inaugurated by Professor UR Rao, Chairman of the Physical Research Laboratory
The USO is located on an island like the shape of the earth in Lake Fatehsagar Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. The site is ideal for the observatory because it offers 250 days of sunshine a year.
- The lake will provide the optimum temperature for the lens and also reduces the turbulence in the air mass. Considering the amount of magnification involved, lesser turbulence will result in better image quality.
- Telescope main motive is to capture high-resolution 3D images of the Sun’s surface and observing phenomena such as solar flares. It will also be used to study the seismic effects of solar flares.
- MAST was conceived in 2004 and its optical elements were fitted in 2008. In 2013, it was installed solar observatory Udaipur.
- The telescope will be capable of capturing high resolution images even during the day that includes images of planetary movements outside the surface of the sun.
- The lens used in the telescope is based on the optical and mechanical system of Belgium.
- The rear part of the telescope was built by ISRO and the front part was developed by the observatory itself.
The US Food and Drug Administration approved the sale of Aprecia Spritam, an anti-epilepsy pill manufactured with (3D) three-dimensional printer.
Awards and Recognition
The Electoral Commission will honor former Jalore Vishal Rajan elections with the best electoral practices Award-2014.
Vishal, now Nagaur District Collector, was the Chief Electoral Officer of Jalore district during the Lok Sabha elections last year and had taken initiatives to increase voter participation through education and campaign awareness which resulted in about 22 percent increase voters.
- The Electoral Commission will present the award at Vigyan Bhawan Vishal in New Delhi on August 10
Singh noted Hindi litterateur Kashinath was chosen for the highest literary distinction of Uttar Pradesh, Bharat Bharti for 2014.
- The prize, awarded by UP Hindi Sansthan, carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh.
Roman’s most famous Singh is “Kashi ka Assi”, which captures the vibrant hues of Benares.
- Note: The novel was adopted for the upcoming film ‘Mohalla Assi.
The price for 2015 Ramanujan was won by Krishna Amalendu mathematician of basic research Tata Institute, Mumbai.
- The prize is awarded jointly by the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy, the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India and the International Mathematical Union (IMU) to a person under 45 work in developing countries.
- Dr Krishna was recognized for his outstanding contribution in the field of algebraic K-theory, algebraic cycles and the theory of motives.
Business & Economy
After a long wait of 18 months, the government of the United States today finally extended the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) for Indian exporters retrospectively from August 2013, allowing the entry of 3,500 lines-free products rights.
- The move is expected to benefit exporters of textiles, engineering, gems and jewelery, and chemicals, among others, that their biggest market is the United States.
The USGSP, which expired in July 2013, was extended retroactively from August 2013 to December 2017.
- The International Labour Organisation (ILO) and FICCI have taken their partnership to the next level today with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to provide training to MSMEs make them competitive and increase productivity.
A special court in Mumbai PMLA today issued a non-bailable warrant against the former chief Lalit Modi IPL after he did not respond to the summons sent by the application Directorate (ED).
- PMLA – Prevention of the law on money laundering
Indian hockey team beat France 4-1 in the final match of the first leg of his European tour.
The United States said the world record in the 4×100 meter medley relay Mixed World Swimming Championships today.
For latest current affairs and, current affairs for bank jobs visit our site https://www.indiawidejobs.com/category/current-affairs/ regularly